Pvc Covered / Waterproof Foam Beds

Guest Willow

Guest Willow

I'm looking for a thick foam mat/bed that is covered in a PVC or waterproof covering, that i can then cover with a blanket or soft cover. Does such a bed already exist? Does anyone know where I can buy one, or am I going to have to make my own???

I was thinking maybe a foam block from Clarke Rubber covered with the stuff they make waterproof mattress covers from, but I haven't really the time or the inclination to make my own, and would much rather buy one!!!!

ETA: the little bassinett mattresses they had for babies in hospital would have been perfect, if they were 10 times bigger!!!

Edited by Willow

I'm fairly sure clarke rubber sell a single size plastic covered mattress .......or is that too big ? Or maybe try to get a 2nd hand cot mattress :laugh:

ETA......we are talking for the dogs and not the baby right

Edited by Loopy Lola

Guest Willow
I'm fairly sure clarke rubber sell a single size plastic covered mattress .......or is that too big ? Or maybe try to get a 2nd hand cot mattress :(

ETA......we are talking for the dogs and not the baby right

LOL....yes, the dogs!!!! :laugh: I can see how you might come to the other conclusion though!!!! :D

I bought a couple of these from Pets at Home at Narre Warren vic although this store is called something else now.Pet Barn I think. It had a some sort of PVC like cover and they werent expensive. My only dislike was they seemed to make my dogs smelly in the summer time even though they were covered with cotton cellular blankets. Molly loved to chew on them though so have not bought one in a while.

I'm looking for a thick foam mat/bed that is covered in a PVC or waterproof covering, that i can then cover with a blanket or soft cover. Does such a bed already exist? Does anyone know where I can buy one, or am I going to have to make my own???

Yep. Great Rugs make both canvas and blue mesh beds which are pretty much that. You can get them in either 4cm or 8cm thickness and made to any size you like. They post too :rofl:

http://www.greatrugs.com.au./store/index.htm

eta click on "Heavy Duty Beds" to the left of the screen in the above link

Edited by SecretKei

Guest Willow
When I read your post I wondered whether it was for the baby or the dogs as well :rofl:

LOL....don't be silly...the baby sleeps on a blanket in the bottom drawer of course! :)

Yep. Great Rugs make both canvas and blue mesh beds which are pretty much that. You can get them in either 4cm or 8cm thickness and made to any size you like. They post too :eek:

http://www.greatrugs.com.au./store/index.htm

eta click on "Heavy Duty Beds" to the left of the screen in the above link

Brilliant, thank you!!!!