Removal Of Titles Gained

TrinaJ

I'm somewhat inclined to agree with Echo.

I think the topic deserves a "special meeting" of all the breed Clubs given its importance and urgency and I would have thought the working breed clubs would be the first to be on top of this. :eek:

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone have copies as yet of "any" letters surfacing from the Rottie clubs National Council or the Dobe clubs re their thoughts on the matter to the ANKC???????????????????

I seriously hope they and others are not leaving it ALL UP TO the GSDCA to fight this (their) cause.?

We have a conference call booked for tomorrow night with all the State Clubs delegates - depending on the outcome the NRC(A) will send out a letter (I cannot see their will be a problem, all the clubs need to agree so that the NRC(A) can act).. Some States have sent letters to their States Kennell Clubs already as have many of their members :)

We have a conference call booked for tomorrow night with all the State Clubs delegates - depending on the outcome the NRC(A) will send out a letter (I cannot see their will be a problem, all the clubs need to agree so that the NRC(A) can act).. Some States have sent letters to their States Kennell Clubs already as have many of their members :)

That sounds great, TrinaJ. Please let us know how it goes :laugh:.

Unfortunatelly due to other issues (very important as well) I dare say that the Dobe Club of NSW wont be calling a special meeting. Im not sure if Im allowed to talk about the clubs issue publically, so I wont.

However most members are aware of this proposal, I have posted info on the Dobe mailing list and fair bit privatelly.

Not my place to say really, since I'm not an Aussie, but I'd suggest that the MDBA could write to AnKC themselves, & perhaps also place a notice on their website outlining the issue & asking members to submit their opinions to AnKC before the Oct meeting. The more publicity about this, the better, I think. It sounds to me like the AnKC are trying to slip the pedigree changes past everyone without asking owners or breeders for their opinions, which isn't really fair.

Thanks Steve. :grouphug:

8th September

In a telephone conversation between Bruce Knight (GSDCA President) and Hugh Gent (ANKC President) regarding the issue of Removal of Titles from Certificate of Registration, Hugh has confirmed that it was an “administrative error” that brought about this whole saga.

The GSDCA has been given an assurance, during this conversation, that this issue is no longer on the table and that it is business as usual.

Thanks to the efforts of the breed clubs who became involved, and the many individual members who submitted protest, it seems that this issue has now been resolved.

Great news for all concerned.

That is fantastic news Echo. :thumbsup:

Would be even better if we could get a confirmation of it in writing.

I agree I think this still needs to be made offical by the ANKC that all titles (Front and rear of pedigrees) will be left on certificates of registrations so we don't go down this road again when they want to edit a certificate of registration

Cheers Lee

Well done :thumbsup: .

I agree - this is needed in writing.

Can't fathom what "Administrative Error" would allow this to have gone as far as it did and for as long as it did .... but hey - it is the result at the end that counts.

Well done to the Breed Clubs who contributed and to the individuals who make up those breed clubs .................. and also to the individuals who don't :).

Well done :thumbsup: .

I agree - this is needed in writing.

Can't fathom what "Administrative Error" would allow this to have gone as far as it did and for as long as it did .... but hey - it is the result at the end that counts.

Well done to the Breed Clubs who contributed and to the individuals who make up those breed clubs .................. and also to the individuals who don't :).

We need to be careful of this as it was said at Dogs NSW to a Rottie person that the adding of these titles was an admin error in the 1st place and there is nothing to say these titles have to go on the registrations, We need the fact that registrations are an exact copy of originals with all titles left on somewhere written into the constitution/rules of ANKC etc

Hope I'm making sense of what I'm trying to say ( I'm not a trusting soul)

cheers Lee

Yes, what exactly went wrong there in the administration? To have this published on a website and to write number of letters to people that the issue WILL be discussed at the October conference.

Will ANKC write letters to say it is NOT on the agenda for October meeting?

That is fantastic news Echo. :rofl:

Would be even better if we could get a confirmation of it in writing.

I agree I think this still needs to be made offical by the ANKC that all titles (Front and rear of pedigrees) will be left on certificates of registrations so we don't go down this road again when they want to edit a certificate of registration

Cheers Lee

Completely agree.

If the ANKC can issue a directive, such as we saw on the DogsVic website, then surely it can be retracted via the same means.

ie: In writing, on our state canine control websites.

Apart from anything else, one might think it reasonable to expect this latest 'directive' in writing by way of response to our letters ??? I haven't received a response from either DogsVic nor ANKC as yet (to the letters I submitted in writing to them). But it is early days and if this "administrative error" has only just been detected (???) then I guess a response might feasibly be expected to be received by mid/late next week. Hopefully.

Edited by Erny

8th September

In a telephone conversation between Bruce Knight (GSDCA President) and Hugh Gent (ANKC President) regarding the issue of Removal of Titles from Certificate of Registration, Hugh has confirmed that it was an “administrative error” that brought about this whole saga.

The GSDCA has been given an assurance, during this conversation, that this issue is no longer on the table and that it is business as usual.

Echo ..... can the above be quoted along with a request that it be affirmed in writing by the ANKC?