Lure Coursing Sydney, Nsw

Does anyone know of a group that organise Lure Coursing in Sydney?

The Afgan Hound Club of NSW organise lurecoursing during the winter months on a regular base (about monthly) at Erskine Park - here's the details of their May day, you would need to contact Susan to find out when the next one will be.

Lure Coursing Fun Day

Sunday May 9th, 2010

Bill Spilstead Complex for Canine Affairs, Erskine Park

Lure coursing is a performance event developed in the early 70's by sighthound fanciers who hunted jackrabbits in the open field, which risked the harm caused by barbed wire fencing. They invented lure coursing as a safer, more controlled sport for sighthounds that would recreate the physical requirements of open field coursing, allowing them to continue testing the functional abilities of their sighthounds. Lure coursing aims to preserve and develop the coursing skills inherent in the sighthounds and to demonstrate that they can perform the functions for which they were originally bred. The hounds chase plastic bags on a course laid out to simulate escaping game. The plastic bags are pulled around on a nylon string course, propelled by a hand controlled motor.

Who – The day is being run buy the Afghan Hound Club of NSW and all people and all breeds are welcome!

What – The cost will be $4 for the first run $3 subsequent runs. Your dog can run with another or by himself.

Where - behind the Jack Russell Area, at the Bill Spilstead Complex for Canine Affairs, 44 Luddenham Road Erskine Park.

When – The 9th May 2010 at 12 o'clock.

Things you'll need…

Strong collar and lead, Water bowl, Poop bags, Money for entry, Sensible footwear, what ever will help you catch your dog after their run eg. Squeaky toy, food, tug toy, ability to beg, Some thing for shade- hat umbrella, shade tent

A plate of something yummy to join in the communal luncheon

Need to know more? Call Susan Cilia on 96080661 / 0416045610

Does anyone know of a group that organise Lure Coursing in Sydney?

The Afgan Hound Club of NSW organise lurecoursing during the winter months on a regular base (about monthly) at Erskine Park - here's the details of their May day, you would need to contact Susan to find out when the next one will be.

Lure Coursing Fun Day

Sunday May 9th, 2010

Bill Spilstead Complex for Canine Affairs, Erskine Park

Lure coursing is a performance event developed in the early 70's by sighthound fanciers who hunted jackrabbits in the open field, which risked the harm caused by barbed wire fencing. They invented lure coursing as a safer, more controlled sport for sighthounds that would recreate the physical requirements of open field coursing, allowing them to continue testing the functional abilities of their sighthounds. Lure coursing aims to preserve and develop the coursing skills inherent in the sighthounds and to demonstrate that they can perform the functions for which they were originally bred. The hounds chase plastic bags on a course laid out to simulate escaping game. The plastic bags are pulled around on a nylon string course, propelled by a hand controlled motor.

Who – The day is being run buy the Afghan Hound Club of NSW and all people and all breeds are welcome!

What – The cost will be $4 for the first run $3 subsequent runs. Your dog can run with another or by himself.

Where - behind the Jack Russell Area, at the Bill Spilstead Complex for Canine Affairs, 44 Luddenham Road Erskine Park.

When – The 9th May 2010 at 12 o'clock.

Things you'll need…

Strong collar and lead, Water bowl, Poop bags, Money for entry, Sensible footwear, what ever will help you catch your dog after their run eg. Squeaky toy, food, tug toy, ability to beg, Some thing for shade- hat umbrella, shade tent

A plate of something yummy to join in the communal luncheon

Need to know more? Call Susan Cilia on 96080661 / 0416045610

ability to beg :laugh:

I'm interested on taking Emmy to one of these

May 9 has passed.. we are in August now :o:rofl:

Edited by CW EW

Thank you Toshman.

I have contacted the group a number of times now but still haven't heard from them so was wondering if any other clubs also did this.

I appreciate all the info.

:)

I don't know if you've tried the Yahoo Group, maybe you could contact Susan Cilia that way.....

lurecoursingsydney

you can subscribe at [email protected]

hope this helps.....

ability to beg :)

I'm interested on taking Emmy to one of these

May 9 has passed.. we are in August now :heart::wave:

I did say at the beginning of my message:

:laugh: :p ;)

I did say at the beginning of my message:

:laugh::o:)

ohh.. sorry, i miss that.. my bad :)

The Lure Coursing is usually advertised about a week to two weeks before on the Yahoo Group "Sydney Lure Coursing". The Pinnicle Website has photos from the 09 May 10 day.

Edited by Bindidog