Sigh, Animal Cruelty -graphic Images Warning!

Narcissa

My god, this stuff enfuriates me. I could never bring myself to murderding another human being, but when faced with animal cruelty, i could easily murder someone responsible, and i would do it in the most horendous way, and carry it out so they suffer in soo much pain. This story made me burst into tears, WTF is wrong with people, this world is to full as it is, and to think we could be living among those with no hearts. I would proudly be given life in prison to see to it the sick so called "person" pays for what hes done. He shouldnt be aloud to live- and with the pathetic punishment they have for these crimes, this would be nothing to him. I hope he gets found, and made someones b"""ch in prison, then released and attatcked by animal activists-

This man needs help, but no help or punishment can change what this pr*ck has done.

Sorry if this is a bit dramatic, but im the type of person who swerves in my car to avoid hitting an animal. Just the toher day there were two parrots on the road, one dead, the other missing his partner, and staying by its side, so i pulled over and removed the body with some news paper off the road, so his little mate doesnt get hit either... i just love animals, and would do anything for them, they are what i am passionate about, and this story just gutted me =(

*Enter the bearer of unpopular opinion again..*

Online petitions achieve exactly nothing. Courts (of the actual variety) will not consider the feelings of Teh Peoples of Teh Interhwebs when sentencing criminals (which is probably a good thing).

It's a terrible story and all but if you want to actually make a difference, online petitions are a waste of your time- it's a feel-good action with no real benefits to anyone but people who get satisfaction out of a fairly lazy form of protesting.

Online petitions achieve exactly nothing. Courts (of the actual variety) will not consider the feelings of Teh Peoples of Teh Interhwebs when sentencing criminals (which is probably a good thing).

It's a terrible story and all but if you want to actually make a difference, online petitions are a waste of your time- it's a feel-good action with no real benefits to anyone but people who get satisfaction out of a fairly lazy form of protesting.

Sorry, I can't afford to fly over to Singapore and protest in person, so this form of expressing disgust is all that I have. Sorry to be so 'lazy.' If you feel commenting is so ineffectual, why did you bother? At least we can share our abhorance of acts like these, and feel a little better that there are decent people in this world?(And unfortunately, I'm far off feeling 'Good'!) Or would you rather only read about these horrible atrocities and be left wondering if the world has completely gone to hell? I won't be looking at the pics, either. I will just hug my dogs. :crazy: , those of you who are not sighing with the tedium of this post...

Edited by PaddyForever

Sorry, I can't afford to fly over to Singapore and protest in person, so this form of expressing disgust is all that I have. Sorry to be so 'lazy.' If you feel commenting is so inefectual, why did you bother? At least we can share our abhorance of acts like these, and feel a little better that there are decent people in this world?(And unfortunately, I'm far off feeling 'Good'!) Or would you rather only read about these horrible atrocities and be left wondering if the world has completely gone to hell? I won't be looking at the pics, either. I will just hug my dogs. :crazy: , those of you who are not sighing with the tedium of this post...

:mad There's plenty that people can do to help without flying to Singapore to camp out in front of the Judge's house.

Also, despite what you misread, I did not suggest that sharing your feelings on the matter here was ineffectual- your feelings (or anyone else's here, for that matter) are likely not going to help any dogs in Singapore but if it makes you feel better, well, that's great. What I said (take a moment to re-read my post, please) was that signing online petitions (unless those petitions are set up by Government as a means of assessing public opinion) does not achieve anything. You could argue that it draws attention to a cause but then, creating an informative website that outlines the issue and provides the public with all the facts is a far better method of drawing publicity (sans the feel-good factor of "helping" by signing something, of course).

You might want to have a read of this: http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/petition/internet.asp

And maybe this.. http://www.snopes.com/info/glossary.asp#slack

Sorry, I can't afford to fly over to Singapore and protest in person, so this form of expressing disgust is all that I have. Sorry to be so 'lazy.' If you feel commenting is so inefectual, why did you bother? At least we can share our abhorance of acts like these, and feel a little better that there are decent people in this world?(And unfortunately, I'm far off feeling 'Good'!) Or would you rather only read about these horrible atrocities and be left wondering if the world has completely gone to hell? I won't be looking at the pics, either. I will just hug my dogs. :laugh: , those of you who are not sighing with the tedium of this post...

:laugh: There's plenty that people can do to help without flying to Singapore to camp out in front of the Judge's house.

Also, despite what you misread, I did not suggest that sharing your feelings on the matter here was ineffectual- your feelings (or anyone else's here, for that matter) are likely not going to help any dogs in Singapore but if it makes you feel better, well, that's great. What I said (take a moment to re-read my post, please) was that signing online petitions (unless those petitions are set up by Government as a means of assessing public opinion) does not achieve anything. You could argue that it draws attention to a cause but then, creating an informative website that outlines the issue and provides the public with all the facts is a far better method of drawing publicity (sans the feel-good factor of "helping" by signing something, of course).

You might want to have a read of this: http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/petition/internet.asp

And maybe this.. http://www.snopes.com/info/glossary.asp#slack

I did read your post quite well, and didn't misread anything. I didn't see any alternative suggestions to our comments on that first post, only critisism at our commenting in the first place. I did take a look at the first site you suggested. Didn't bother with the other. The basic gist of the first, seems to be that the on-line petition is an ineffectual phenomenon. I really don't believe that. All forums open to public discussion/sharing of info, have the power to be very effectual. What leads to the interest in creating a website? Anything that gets info around, that's what. Also, do you think that Youtube is ineffectual? It did o.k. for Susan Whatshername. Most sites that get a lot of public attention, will end up having at least a small effect on changing things for the better, if the moral majority care enough to be outraged. If we can't help prevent attrocities from happening, and, unfortunately, we know that we can't, at least said outrage could have some effect on how they are dealt with. Especially in countries where our patronage is valued...I agree with starting a web-site, though, or in having involvement in one, if you know how to get one started, or if not, at least participate. Maybe discussing that on this forum may lead to something... :rofl:

I did read your post quite well, and didn't misread anything. I didn't see any alternative suggestions to our comments on that first post, only critisism at our commenting in the first place. I did take a look at the first site you suggested. Didn't bother with the other. The basic gist of the first, seems to be that the on-line petition is an ineffectual phenomenon. I really don't believe that. All forums open to public discussion/sharing of info, have the power to be very effectual. What leads to the interest in creating a website? Anything that gets info around, that's what. Also, do you think that Youtube is ineffectual? It did o.k. for Susan Whatshername. Most sites that get a lot of public attention, will end up having at least a small effect on changing things for the better, if the moral majority care enough to be outraged. If we can't help prevent attrocities from happening, and, unfortunately, we know that we can't, at least said outrage could have some effect on how they are dealt with. Especially in countries where our patronage is valued...I agree with starting a web-site, though, or in having involvement in one, if you know how to get one started, or if not, at least participate. Maybe discussing that on this forum may lead to something... :D

Obviously you did not read read my post very well, my initial post was in criticism of the petition (not the thread or any of the people commenting in it) and I do not see how I could possibly have been any more clear about that :laugh:

That aside, I'd suggest you go back to read that second link; "helping" where no one really benefits is simply a waste of time that could be better spent actually working towards improvement of the situation. How you choose to help is up to you, I just don't agree with convincing people to sign e-petitions when the reality is, they do not lead to positive change (despite what they claim- the sites that host these petitions will tell you otherwise but when there's paid advertising involved, I think closer scrutiny is definitely required).

I did read your post quite well, and didn't misread anything. I didn't see any alternative suggestions to our comments on that first post, only critisism at our commenting in the first place. I did take a look at the first site you suggested. Didn't bother with the other. The basic gist of the first, seems to be that the on-line petition is an ineffectual phenomenon. I really don't believe that. All forums open to public discussion/sharing of info, have the power to be very effectual. What leads to the interest in creating a website? Anything that gets info around, that's what. Also, do you think that Youtube is ineffectual? It did o.k. for Susan Whatshername. Most sites that get a lot of public attention, will end up having at least a small effect on changing things for the better, if the moral majority care enough to be outraged. If we can't help prevent attrocities from happening, and, unfortunately, we know that we can't, at least said outrage could have some effect on how they are dealt with. Especially in countries where our patronage is valued...I agree with starting a web-site, though, or in having involvement in one, if you know how to get one started, or if not, at least participate. Maybe discussing that on this forum may lead to something... ;)

Obviously you did not read read my post very well, my initial post was in criticism of the petition (not the thread or any of the people commenting in it) and I do not see how I could possibly have been any more clear about that :laugh:

That aside, I'd suggest you go back to read that second link; "helping" where no one really benefits is simply a waste of time that could be better spent actually working towards improvement of the situation. How you choose to help is up to you, I just don't agree with convincing people to sign e-petitions when the reality is, they do not lead to positive change (despite what they claim- the sites that host these petitions will tell you otherwise but when there's paid advertising involved, I think closer scrutiny is definitely required).

Sorry, You must have miss-read me. I don't remember saying anything about 'signing e-petitions.'!!!I was talking about discussing current events, sharing our thoughts, etc. Power in numbers and all that. Popular opinion can turn a tide, you know. And this is the first place that many people read about events involving an animal that we all care a lot for. Discussing how we can help is the first move towards anything, isn't it? And I really don't mean to be rude, although I know I'm going to sound it. I did read everything you said perfectly well. I just didn't like it! Perhaps you could have added a little more advice that didn't sound so much like criticism. I may just be paranoid, though...! :o :D

I was talking about discussing current events, sharing our thoughts, etc. Power in numbers and all that.

*Facepalm*

My initial post was relating to people signing e-petitions, not people commenting on these stories on the forums. If your response was not addressing my post (or the issues relating to e-petitions I brought up), perhaps you should not have quoted me.

I was talking about discussing current events, sharing our thoughts, etc. Power in numbers and all that.

*Facepalm*

My initial post was relating to people signing e-petitions, not people commenting on these stories on the forums. If your response was not addressing my post (or the issues relating to e-petitions I brought up), perhaps you should not have quoted me.

Sorry, I had actually gone a little off thread, I admit, but I was talking about my post that you had replied to. I do know that the original topic was regarding the e-petitions, but many of the comments above mine had been discussing the events concerned, themselves. The person commenting just above your original quote, had been quite upset, as had many others, by the stories involved. When you have people commenting on those topics, and then you come in with a negative comment actually ABOUT the e-petitions, it can get quite confusing. I do apologise if no insult was intended. I myself, find it hard to differentiate between e-petitions and sites such as DOL, where we at least have some chance to 'have our say' re events such as those talked about here. Although, I guess that in e-petitions, our names may be added, but our comments as such, may never actually be HEARD. But, for many of us, e-petitions/commenting on forums such as these, are the only way we know HOW to protest. And sometimes, those protests can make a difference. Wasn't it put down to the wave of protests over Facebook and in other forums, that the police involved were so diligent in finding that young girl/puppy drowner? Maybe in an e-petition, if we had just ticked a box next to 'Do you believe this girl should be caught?', instead of the more personal act of actually DISCUSSING the particulars of the event, and our thoughts on them, then

there would not have been anywhere near the collective outcry that ensued...Sorry again, if I did go off the subject YOU were discussing... :o

fancy a trip to singapore k9angel?

just dont spit on the road or you'll be in trouble, better go to Bosnia (or wherever that sicko lives) on the same trip after seeing that girl throw puppies out of a bucket into a river...Now that has haunted me...gorgeous lil chubby bubbas being hurled into the river

Edited by sandra64