17yr Old Cat, Severed In Two.

julzjc

poor poor kitty :rofl:

i read this article while at work ( i work at a pound) i had torn this article out and have englarged photocopy it for every owner that reclaims their cat form the pound, so they get the idea how important it is to keep their cat inside or in a cat enclosure and not to roam!

there are some sickos in this world and i hope this sicko is caught!

It is absolutely disgusting what happened to this cat. I seriously hope they catch whoever did it and throw the book at them. And I hope the owners of the cat will keep any future cats safely indoors.

Now, everyone knows that I am a crazy cat lady. I love them to bits. But I'll tell you why some people hate cats so much. Because other people let their cats roam. Roaming cats are a nuisance. Roaming cats kill wildlife and leave the remains on someone else's property, they crap in people's gardens and in children's sand pits, they fight which is noisy and upsets people's dogs, they piss on people's cars and front doors, they sit on your outer window sill and cause problems between your indoor cats... If you love your cat, keep it INSIDE!!

Well said Kirty but you arent the crazy one.

It was a bit close to home for us,next suburb,we have a 15 yr old cat which can access the back yard but cant get out the front A 17yr old cat that has been going out at night all its life would be hard to keep in, its a shame that most cat owners think its the norm to let their cats out and ignore the problems they cause to others.

I feel sorry for the owners, such a sad thing, but then again what will happen to those responsible if caught?not much at all.

This is was such a sad story. RIP, poor old cat. What is wrong with some people that they feel empowered by behaving so cruelly towards vulnerable animals? :coffee: Like that woman who dropped the cat in the garbage bin? Totally sick. These sorts of stories also make me so angry! ;) We all know what will happen when/if they find the perpetrator/s of the cat murder/mutilation. They will get a rap over the knuckles, a fine, maybe a small amount of jail time. If they made the punishments for animal cruelty more severe, then these cowardly scum might think twice! At least with the woman who dropped the cat in the bin, she was publicly shamed. Hopefully, she'll think twice before doing something like that again! Well, we can hope. ;)

I know some people may dislike cats that much but sometimes I think sicko's out there do it because they can get away with it (as in go to this extreme of severing a cat), if that's not psycho then I don't know what is.

May the individual who carried out this horrendous act end up severed in two very soon! I hope that woman who dumped the poor cat into the garbage bin end up the victim of being dumped, that is disposed of literally!

Edited by Moselle

If it wasn't cats, they'd break in to backyards and steal dogs, or shoot cats through their runs...

I know I'll get shouted down, but I live in a cat friendly street, one next door has three cats and the other has a new kitten... my outdoor cats and their's like to gather and watch the fish in next door's pond... all are desexed and vaccinated and microchipped. You can't stop accidents from occuring and sickos will be sickos...

actually, when a friend of mine got burgled they took her indoor jack russell... still to this day haunts me.

It is absolutely disgusting what happened to this cat. I seriously hope they catch whoever did it and throw the book at them. And I hope the owners of the cat will keep any future cats safely indoors.

Now, everyone knows that I am a crazy cat lady. I love them to bits. But I'll tell you why some people hate cats so much. Because other people let their cats roam. Roaming cats are a nuisance. Roaming cats kill wildlife and leave the remains on someone else's property, they crap in people's gardens and in children's sand pits, they fight which is noisy and upsets people's dogs, they piss on people's cars and front doors, they sit on your outer window sill and cause problems between your indoor cats... If you love your cat, keep it INSIDE!!

Agreed. I definitely don't think the cat nor the owner deserved this, but I still really don't understand why anyone thinks it's okay to let their cat roam the streets. Definitely agree - if you love your cat, keep it inside/in a run etc.

Keeping cats indoors 24/7 or at night is a relatively modern concept.....as in the last 30 years or so. Growing up in the 50's & 60's we had cats, as did many neighbours. Putting the cat out at night was considered quite normal...it was what everyone did. The cat might be out in the daytime or inside, but once it had come in for dinner and hung around for a while, you put it out...as cats were considered totally nocturnal and were sent out to hunt vermin. You opened the door in the morning to find the cat waiting...and often a row of dead mice or rats too. Keeping even dogs inside or in the yard was not the norm either. Many of our neighbours dogs (when I was a child) never stepped foot inside the house. We were considered quite strange in that our dog was allowed inside and was kept in a fully fenced yard.

Minxy....some people have not, as yet, cottoned on to the concept of keeping cats indoors for their own safety and for the safety of wildlife etc..

Whoever did this has some serious issues....and the correllation between animal cruelty and callous crimes against humans makes me wonder what next? :)