Puppy Peeing On New Rug

pomchi

Hi Guys

Well my 5 month old puppy picked up toilet training really quickly and aside from the first week she has not had an accident or gone where she is not supposed to..... however the other day we brought a new rug and she sniffed it for ages and danced around on it :p but she has now decided to pee on the rug, it has happened a couple of times :laugh: so i was wondering if there is anything i can do to deter her specifically from this area? we still want her to be able to come into the room but just not to pee on the rug :mad

Pomchi, our tibbie used to do exactly the same thing around the same age! Just the one rug but otherwise completely toilet trained. I used bio zet washing powder to wash the area as it has enzymes that neutralises the smell. Once the area was dried, I sprayed it with 'Urine Off' which does the same thing. I also reduced the areas he had access to in the house and would only let him back in the room where the rug was when I was there to supervise. He's been fine ever since (he's now 18 months) and he is allowed throughout the house without supervision since he was about 7 months old. No accidents since then. Unfortunately, he did chew up that rug a couple of months later! He must have had it in for that rug!!