Would Like To Get A Walking Group Started Bayside Victoria

ILoveBoundaries

Hi,

We have a 9 month old Cavalier King Charles who just loves playing with other dogs. I am keen to meet people with small to med size, non aggressive dogs. We live near a dog park but have had issues with other dogs being to aggressive and trying to bite. Would love to get together on a Saturday and let the dogs have a play. :)

Anyone interested?

Nat and Jeff

Edited by ILoveBoundaries

Bayside is a big area, where abouts are you?

We generally have training or a dog event on a Saturday, but if you are on the Western side, we may be able to meet occasionally. My girl loves loves other dogs, so no worries about any aggression with her.

Hi,

we are in Chelsea, not sure where you are but by the sounds of it we aren't close :rofl:

We generally have training or a dog event on a Saturday, but if you are on the Western side, we may be able to meet occasionally. My girl loves loves other dogs, so no worries about any aggression with her.

Hi,

we are in Chelsea, not sure where you are but by the sounds of it we aren't close :kissbetter:

A play date sounds nice, but unfortunately Buffy has almost no recall so I can't take her to offleash parks. What's the name of the park near your place?

Maybe you can take your puppy to Kepala, lots of friendly dogs there, but of all different sizes, I'd say more on the medium to large side. We meet up on a Sunday once a month.

If you know of somewhere that's fenced without aggressive dogs, I'd be more than happy to bring Buffy out for a play.

Hi,

we are in Chelsea, not sure where you are but by the sounds of it we aren't close :kissbetter:

A play date sounds nice, but unfortunately Buffy has almost no recall so I can't take her to offleash parks. What's the name of the park near your place?

Maybe you can take your puppy to Kepala, lots of friendly dogs there, but of all different sizes, I'd say more on the medium to large side. We meet up on a Sunday once a month.

If you know of somewhere that's fenced without aggressive dogs, I'd be more than happy to bring Buffy out for a play.

Hi,

your dog is beautiful! We take Kosmo to Bicentennial Park in Chelsea but we are going there less and less due do an aggressive dog that has taken a dislike to Kosmo and he seems to be there a lot. Kosmo can't be trusted off lead either. I did look at the Kepala thread which looks good but my only concern is that Kosmo gets a bit frightened around larger, extremely playful dogs. We have been to Kepala and it's a great place. Not sure of any enclosed play areas nearby, I am thinking with the nicer weather hopefully just around the corner I would like to get together with whoever is keen for a walk and play (on lead) at a park or beach side. Not sure what your thoughts are on this?

Nat :hug:

Ah, I see. In that case Buffy might not be an appropriate playmate for Kosmo. She does ok off-leash (at Kepala), but she's completely psycho when she's onleash and sees other dogs. I wouldn't want her to frighten Kosmo.

Brighton dog beach is fenced, but I've heard good and bad things about it. I might go check it out someday and see if it might be a good place to meet up.

Ah, I see. In that case Buffy might not be an appropriate playmate for Kosmo. She does ok off-leash (at Kepala), but she's completely psycho when she's onleash and sees other dogs. I wouldn't want her to frighten Kosmo.

Brighton dog beach is fenced, but I've heard good and bad things about it. I might go check it out someday and see if it might be a good place to meet up.

How would Buffy go if we met up and walked along on the walking path at Brighton Beach? I to have heard good and bad reports about Brighton Beach. Kosmo is not good at all off the lead but loves walking. Would Buffy settle if we were walking or would she just want to play? Doesn't necessarily have to be Brighton, I am sure most beaches have a great walking path.

Edited by ILoveBoundaries

Yes, she does settle if you give her about 10 minutes. After then she won't be so crazy around the other dog, but before that she'll pull towards the dog, get in their face and sniff, may paw, and may try to jump up :thumbsup: .

Buffy's a pretty bad puller too, so even after she settles, she will still pull me around rather than walk nicely. I'm up for a walk with them if you are, and if you think Kosmo could put up with Buffy until she calms down.

• 3 weeks later...
Yes, she does settle if you give her about 10 minutes. After then she won't be so crazy around the other dog, but before that she'll pull towards the dog, get in their face and sniff, may paw, and may try to jump up :coffee: .

Buffy's a pretty bad puller too, so even after she settles, she will still pull me around rather than walk nicely. I'm up for a walk with them if you are, and if you think Kosmo could put up with Buffy until she calms down.

Hi!

Sorry I ve taken so long to get back to you.. We are thinking of coming to Kepala on Sunday and I saw on the thread that you may be there also so if it all works out our pooches can meet up there :rofl:

We have a full weekend so I am just trying to work out Sunday but hopefully we can make it.

Hi,

We have a 9 month old Cavalier King Charles who just loves playing with other dogs. I am keen to meet people with small to med size, non aggressive dogs. We live near a dog park but have had issues with other dogs being to aggressive and trying to bite. Would love to get together on a Saturday and let the dogs have a play. :laugh:

Anyone interested?

Nat and Jeff

I used to attend a dog walking group at the Baxter Sports Grounds - think it's still on - It was an excellent group - all sizes of dog - all running off-lead and the owners walking and chatting together - cup of tea afterwards.

My Cairn loved i! They used to have days for small dogs and also mixed groups. Was a nominal fee of a couple of dollars towards coffee and eats. There's a large dam there and some dogs go swimming as well - mine only paddled

contact details were

Guinevere's Social Walking Group (03) 9789 8475

Annie

Hi,

We have a 9 month old Cavalier King Charles who just loves playing with other dogs. I am keen to meet people with small to med size, non aggressive dogs. We live near a dog park but have had issues with other dogs being to aggressive and trying to bite. Would love to get together on a Saturday and let the dogs have a play. :laugh:

Anyone interested?

Nat and Jeff

I used to attend a dog walking group at the Baxter Sports Grounds - think it's still on - It was an excellent group - all sizes of dog - all running off-lead and the owners walking and chatting together - cup of tea afterwards.

My Cairn loved i! They used to have days for small dogs and also mixed groups. Was a nominal fee of a couple of dollars towards coffee and eats. There's a large dam there and some dogs go swimming as well - mine only paddled

contact details were

Guinevere's Social Walking Group (03) 9789 8475

Annie

Thank you so much for the details, I will give them a call.