17 Dead Pets Found In School Freezer

k9angel

http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/a/-/world...s-17-dead-pets/

School officials say a custodian cleaning up a trailer at an Oregon school found 17 dead pets in a freezer, including six cats.

Portland Public Schools officials said the principal at Ockley Green School asked the custodian in July to help turn a little-used trailer behind the school into a classroom.

The Oregonian reports that the custodian found the animals in garbage bags and frozen solid in an upright freezer.

Besides the cats, there were two hamsters, two goldfish, two frogs, a guinea pig, a hedgehog, a parakeet, a lizard and a spider.

A longtime volunteer says the animals were pets that had died of natural causes but it was too painful to part with them.

The volunteer was relieved from further duties.

Police say she wasn't cited because the animals had not been abused.

Don't have much to say about this one, except to agree that some people are very wierd...! I could possibly understand putting one dearly loved pet on ice, because you couldn't bare to put it in the ground. Possibly, even two, but 17...!And a spider...? I mean, I know people can get attached to different creatures...But this attached...?! :)