Triennial Vaccine And Kennel Cough

Fudo

Hello

This afternoon Fudo went for his routine vacc and he had the triennial vacc for the first time. Not until well after we left did I think of a question. I am aware that he has to go back yearly for his kennel cough vacc, and it is this that leads to my question. This afternoon, the vet only gave one needle (there was no inhalant either, I believe KC can be done that way). So does that mean that my vet forgot to give the KC vacc or does the triennial vacc that he did give contain KC virus and that component of the vaccine only lasts 12 months?

Hope that makes sense..

Ta

I agree with the other 2 comments. vets do combine vaccinations into one syringe so only have to give one injection. on the vaccination record they should have stuck on stickers from the vaccination bottles stating what they were given.

Thanks all. I had looked at vacc certificate before I posted, but not well enough it seems!! A second look shows that this particular vet didn't stick the label inside but she wrote "C5 triennial", so I'm guessing that must mean a C4 with KC added.

Thanks again.

Thanks all. I had looked at vacc certificate before I posted, but not well enough it seems!! A second look shows that this particular vet didn't stick the label inside but she wrote "C5 triennial", so I'm guessing that must mean a C4 with KC added.

Thanks again.

If I were you, I would ring my vet tomorrow and just clarify for peace of mind and to know for sure rather than guessing.

Cheers