Ultrasonic Bark Silencer

Sonic

My neighbours dogs are driving me crazy. They were still barking non stop at midnight on Saturday night.

Has anyone tried the ultrasonic bark silencer for someone else's dogs?

I know exactly how you feel,I have one on order ,so some-time this week,will let you know.I bought it for my 2 that carry on when they see some-one go past,BUT I also have neighbours dogs that drive me crazy.I've talked & talked & talked,suggested everything under the sun,

all to no avail,apart from council what the hell does one do,I have no idea how they put up with it. :laugh:

I have no doubt "we" will get howled down even thinking of trying to shut the neighbours dogs up!

I have no doubt "we" will get howled down even thinking of trying to shut the neighbours dogs up!

That would depend on how you went about it. It is your responsibility to look after yourself and your family, but you are not primarily responsible for your neighbour's dogs barking or their wellbeing. If your neighbours were more responsive the collective experience on this forum would come up with some sort of satisfactory solution. If not, then other steps need to be taken. I didn't want to make any assumptions about the OP or their neighbours, but little information was given.

I think you will be disappointed with the ultra-sonic bark silencer but my experience is limited. I would follow local government advice first.

Thanks everyone. Bridie, I'll be interested to hear how you go with it, please let me know once you've put it up. There are a couple on the market, which one did you get?

Oakway, do you remember what sort it was? I'm happy to spend more on a better unit so long as it works.

Thanks everyone. Bridie, I'll be interested to hear how you go with it, please let me know once you've put it up. There are a couple on the market, which one did you get?

Oakway, do you remember what sort it was? I'm happy to spend more on a better unit so long as it works.

It cost me $100.00,I've no idea right now the brand etc. but it looks like a remote.I was told about it by an old breeder & was told that now-a days she only has to pick it up & they just know not to bark.Keep you posted.

We had one in one of the boarding kennels where I worked years ago and after being installed the noise dropped to little or nothing.

As soon as the new dogs that came in knew what it meant the barking would very minimal.

Gees I think every-one should have one. :laugh: I had never heard of it until last week,so I suppose there are lots of folk that have never heard of such a thing.

No, I'm sorry I don't remember the brand, but it was purchased in Australia, from Sydney I think.

It could be, as far as I can remember plugged into the power, or battery operated.

It worked that's all I can remember. I do remember that the company had some some that were shop damaged/soiled and were also selling these as their was such on the product that was all they had left at the time.

Somebody else on the list may remember the brand.

I purchased the ultrasonic barking device, both for indoor and outdoor about 10 mths ago. Kept them for 2 months and had to replace the batteries at least 3 times for each device and all for nothing; don't even know why I kept perservering because all in all they are completely useless. The barking persisted as though the devices were non existant. I returned them to Innotek and was given a full refund.

I purchased the ultrasonic barking device, both for indoor and outdoor about 10 mths ago. Kept them for 2 months and had to replace the batteries at least 3 times for each device and all for nothing; don't even know why I kept perservering because all in all they are completely useless. The barking persisted as though the devices were non existant. I returned them to Innotek and was given a full refund.

I have been told there efficiency depends on where they are placed.

It may take some time to find the best place to install them.

If the batteries are discharged that quickly it means that the dogs are barking so frequently it is proof that they are in fact working.

Possibly not in the most effective place to discourage the dogs. :)

I tried el cheapo. Battery powered thingy you pointed at the dogs & pressed the button when they barked. Supposed to emit a high frequency sound.

It did stop them in their tracks & then they all looked at it & barked at it :laugh: poodles are so smart, yeah.

I found a sports whistle much more effective.

My neighbours dogs are driving me crazy. They were still barking non stop at midnight on Saturday night.

Has anyone tried the ultrasonic bark silencer for someone else's dogs?

Do the neighbors know their dogs are barking?

My son was met in his driveway by a neighbor a few weeks ago, when he came home from work. The neighbor asked him "Do you know your dog barks the whole time you're not here?" And my son pointed out that if he's not there, how on earth can he know the dog is barking?

Now that he knows, he has taken steps to make sure the dog doesn't bark.

I purchased the Petsafe one with p+p it cost me $100.I am extremely happy with it,I had one dog who hid as soon as I as much as threatened to use it after the first time ,other doesn't bark as she did at anything that went past.

I would say no use for a neighbours dog unless it was at your fence line.I'm thinking of taking it around to them so they can see how effective it is.

Is there a human one....would be handy at times :)

I purchased the Petsafe one with p+p it cost me $100.I am extremely happy with it,I had one dog who hid as soon as I as much as threatened to use it after the first time ,other doesn't bark as she did at anything that went past.

I would say no use for a neighbours dog unless it was at your fence line.I'm thinking of taking it around to them so they can see how effective it is.

Is there a human one....would be handy at times :)

Yes there are hand held and fixed units.

With the fixed one you can't just go and stick it outside and expect it work.

They are to a degree directional.

They must be placed where the the dog barks and in the direction of the bark.

Their not much use if they are fixed down the back and the dog is barking half way up the lane way. :laugh: