Hobart Royal Show

Allerzeit

Hi everyone :)

We've entered Feonix and Neo into the Hobart Royal. Now, it's been 15+ years since we were last entered in a royal show, and that was in Adelaide, so I have some "newbie" questions if anyone is able to help? :love:

First, do people tend to "dress" their benches at Hobart? I visited the Hobart Royal last year and I can't remember seeing any dressed benches (which doesn't mean there weren't any, rather it's just a demonstration of my shocking memory!).

I don't want to go all dressy if we are going to be the odd ones out, and I don't want our benches to be undressed if everyone else is dressy - I want to conform with the masses! :laugh:

Also, if it is common practice to dress the benches, does anyone have a rough idea of the bench sizes so that I can make sure that our wall coverings are wide enough?

I feel like such a dunce asking these questions :):( Any help much appreciated :)

To be honest it's not something I've ever done. At most I put up a sign but that's about it. Depending upon how they set them out, some of the larger benches aren't overly accessible to the public and they do vary in size. And this year, for the first time in all the time I've been attending Hobart Royal (23 years *gulp*), they're allowing us to choose our own benches, size appropriate of course.