Artemis Maximal Opinions

Boxer05

As mentioned in another thread I have been feeding Canidae ALS for around three months. My Boxer, Connie, loves in but the JRT, Zahra, turns her nose up at it most times. Both of their stools are quiet soft and have shown no signs of firming up. I have also noticed that Zahra seems to be scratching more. I am putting this done to spring at the moment.

I am considering switching to Artemis Maximal when the time comes. Does anyone here have any opinions of experiences? I have done a search and there doesn't seem to be many people here that feed it.

i feed maximal

If you feed too much their stools can bw soft

My gsd and jrt are doing really well on that mixed with either meat or eco pwt loaf

a suggestion re their stools cut back the amount they are getting and add some meat this should firm it up some

Edited by Flaves

i feed maximal

My gsd and jrt are doing really well on that mixed with either meat or eco pwt loaf

a suggestion re their stools cut back the amount they are getting and add some meat this should firm it up some

Thanks Flaves. I should have mentioned that they also get minced chicken frames or chicken necks with their kibble.

i feed maximal

Thanks Flaves. I should have mentioned that they also get minced chicken frames or chicken necks with their kibble.

Maybe reduce the dry a little and add a couple more necks? That may help with the loose poo

Good luck

I have tried a few foods and i am really happy with it, the dogs look great, hold condition really well and love eating it

i feed maximal

Maybe reduce the dry a little and add a couple more necks? That may help with the loose poo

Good luck

I have tried a few foods and i am really happy with it, the dogs look great, hold condition really well and love eating it

No harm giving it a go, I'll get a bag next time.

Artemis didn't suit my dogs at all, they only got one cup a day with meat and bones but they had loose poo and lots of gas. I persevered with it for a couple of months, but the dogs started to lose weight and their coats went off so I gave up.

That is odd as it isn't what we typically experience as a retailer of the food.

Many people feed too much of it to start. That occasionally results in soft faeces, but usually reducing the amount firms things up. It is also most suited for very active dogs, so certainly isn't the best choice for every dog.

Having said that, we have a lot of regular users who absolutely swear by it. So, as with anything, it comes down to the individual dog, rather than internet opinions, even mine. :confused:

Sags

;)

That is odd as it isn't what we typically experience as a retailer of the food.

Many people feed too much of it to start. That occasionally results in soft faeces, but usually reducing the amount firms things up. It is also most suited for very active dogs, so certainly isn't the best choice for every dog.

Having said that, we have a lot of regular users who absolutely swear by it. So, as with anything, it comes down to the individual dog, rather than internet opinions, even mine. :eek:

Sags

:mad

Are you sure you arent talking about the Ospure (Artemis' high performance food)?

I have tried that also, as my very active dog wasnt putting on weight, and didn't have the same problem with poos. Though I found she became "heavier" so I stopped using that too.

The Maximal is only promoted as Grain Free isnt it?

Osopure comes in both an adult version (25% protein, 15% fat) and Power (30% protein, 20% fat). Power is suitable for dogs with high energy needs, including pregnant bitches, and is great for recovery needs.

Maximal (42% protein, 22% fat) is by its very nature a food highly suitable for dogs that are worked, are very active or have difficulty with holding their weight. It also suits pregnant and lactating bitches and is balanced for puppies.

So, while Maximal may be known as a grain free food, it is in fact a very versatile food.

All grain free foods will be higher in energy because of the lack of grains. So, it does come down to the individual's needs.

Sags

:eek: