K9 Pro Workshop In Qld!

huski

Huski and Zuma - It was awesome watching Daisy and Zuma work on Friday afternoon was awesome you guys have certainly doing great work :laugh:

LOL Maree I am glad someone witnessed my dog actually putting in some decent work (unlike the rest of the weekend)!

I hope you upload the pics soon :heart: I'd love to see them.

The DWD dogs were awesome, I really enjoyed handling Chook, I am still up for a trade if you are :love:

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

LOL DB that's very nice of you :laugh: It's hard when I know how she can work but can't seem to get her back up to that standard, I am feeling a lot more positive about it now though as I know where I've gone wrong and how to fix it.

He's back to normal this morning, phew, he really had me worried last night, he's mouthed toads before but usually he just wipes his mouth all over the grass & froths a bit & he's OK. Last night seeing him like that was scary.

BC4Me, I was so happy with him, he didn't growl almost the whole time like he normally does & when he's had a go at people before before it really is obvious that he's not happy, he always snarls as he lunges & he goes for the face but last night was different. The vet had been wiping is gums over & over & over again & he just turned & had a little snap at his hand, no growling or snarling, just a snap to say "OK, I've had enough now!". And all this was without a muzzle or anything, the vet was really good & he understood his whole psychology thing & he even recognised when he was going to snap before he did it & was ready for it which was a huge difference to most of the other vets we've seen there.

Huski, don't give up, we all know she can do it, I'm glad Steve could work through it with you, you'll get there yet :laugh: .

ETA - great pics!

Edited by MrsD

K9: Well I am back home too after a great weekend...

First I just have to say how impressed I was with the quality of dogs and their behaviour over the whole weekend. They are a huge credit to you all and you should all be very proud of them!

Special thanks to my helpers over the weekend who helped me with demonstrations, helping in the ring and everything else you have done for me :)

There was such a great feeling over the whole weekend, everyone so friendly and willing to get up and have a go! This really makes an event like this special.

There were also so many dogs with great drive and engagement, makes my job easy!

So much precision from the DWD people too! I hope they didn't feel threatened when I showed them my "natural ability" in the DWD demonstration rofl...

Working with your dogs and spending time with you all was awesome, this weekend will not be forgotten.

I hope you were able to take away something of value from the information I presented, I think I got to speak to everyone over the days (I hope so), it was go go go from wake up to bed time for me.

Thanks finally for the kind words, I appreciate the feedback very much. :rofl:

Awww Maree thank you so much!!!! I love those pics of Daisy. She worked pretty hard at our consult on Friday and I was really happy with the effort she put in.

If you look closely in that first recall pic you can see Steve's smug "I-told-you-so" face because I swore she wouldn't have been able to do it so quickly but she did!

And to put that pic of us heeling past the red container into context - Daisy had been lunging and desperately trying to get to it to eat the food out of it literally about a minute beforehand, I didn't think we could get her to walk past it without even looking at it so quickly, but it was easy as!

ETA: Do you mind if I put them on FB? Unless you are planning to upload them there too?

Edited by huski