Anyone Else Does This?

W Sibs

I'm going away for a week and every time I go away (for a week or more) I always take my 2 to go to the vets for a quick check up, to make sure that they are 100% healthy. It gives me peace of mind knowing that they are healthy and happy when I leave... The boyfriend (who will be looking after the dogs) thinks I'm insane and paranoid... (he used control freak too :rainbowbridge: )

anyone else do this?

Nope.

I think its overkill. Unless the dogs have some symptoms of illness I think you're wasting your money. I realise that Charlie has some special needs but they shouldn't require a vet check if you're happy with him.

Do you trust your boyfriend to take them to the vet if they are unwell? If you don't, find a reliable boarding kennel and leave them there.

Edited by poodlefan

Well I'm going away for 4 days with work next week and I have already started a list of things OH needs to do with them! I wont get them vet checked because I know if there were any unusual sings I completly trust him to notice and take them to the vet if anything was to go wrong. If its for your peace of mind then I dont see why not...wont kill em and you wont have to worry while your away so much!

No. I trust the boyfriend to look after them very well.

I guess I am paranoid (and a control freak) after all :rainbowbridge:

As long as you're happy to own your paranoia and can afford it, who cares really? :cry: No harm done to anything but your wallet.

Edited by poodlefan

As long as you're happy to own your paranoia and can afford it, who cares really? :( No harm done to anything but your wallet.

true true...

(umm.. i kinda don't pay attention on how much i spend on the dogs... it makes life a lot easier :cry: )

As long as you're happy to own your paranoia and can afford it, who cares really? :( No harm done to anything but your wallet.

true true...

(umm.. i kinda don't pay attention on how much i spend on the dogs... it makes life a lot easier :cry: )

Yes, its kind of a "stick fingers in your ears and go lalala" thing isn't it. I don't want to know what I spend on my dogs either. :(