Not Drinking Enough

~Shepherd~

We often bait our dogs' water at races. Some of them will turn their noses up when they are given water with Recharge (Electrolyte) in it, so we add a little sardine oil and 9 times out of 10 they will lap up a whole bowl :laugh:

Have also used a few dry biscuits thrown into the water. Something that my guys really love, is the 4Legs meat balls http://www.4legs.com.au/products/all_natural.php. I just break a couple of them up and mix it into their water and they LOVE it!!

I wonder if its because its uncomfortable drinking, an internal hydration problem or just a bit slow to process the thirst button?

I know my kids get excessive thirst and an overative bladder when they have a reaction to certain food chemicals.

Then make it food. One of mine, Olivia, has a hisotry of bladder stone surgery and so I encourage her to drink. She can be fussy with water and will not drink unless it is fresh, fresh and just poured in fresh. Literally.

I have her drinking a bowl of fluid each morning by adding broth to the water and warming it up. I will also give her pet milk mixed with water.

The first few times I offered her the broth she turned her nose up at it, but by the end of the first week she was gutsing it down. She will drink this until she bursts now! :laugh:

My cat is getting on in her years and to ensure her bladder health I have started to add water to her food, just like other posters do with their dogs.

get a spray bottle from the cheap shop fill it with water and lightly wet there nose and give a few spays in back corner of there mouth try not to shoot the spray direactly down the dogs throught (spel) the dog may not let you do it again if you do