The Rock

jedi knight

As far as I know is still on for tomorrow.

thanks sway wasn't sure as the road on the way between Wagga and there is blocked and was told at a horse supply shop that it was off

Hi All,

I have just spoken to Lorriane Meyers (Show Secretary) unfortunately The Rock Show has had to be cancelled.

The judges had got to Albury and could not proceed.

Lorraine would appreciate this message to passed on to as many as possible.

As far as I know is still on for tomorrow.

thanks sway wasn't sure as the road on the way between Wagga and there is blocked and was told at a horse supply shop that it was off

Hi All,

I have just spoken to Lorriane Meyers (Show Secretary) unfortunately The Rock Show has had to be cancelled.

The judges had got to Albury and could not proceed.

Lorraine would appreciate this message to passed on to as many as possible.

Thanks for that my source was right the road is flooded

:laugh: Ceilidh is high and dry or maybe a little wet but OK where she is ATM

Yes all the roads are cut Wagga is Isolated and the Manus River at Tumbrumba has burst its banks, Holbrook is cut off as is Culcairn and many other places....

We are a little wet here but nothing in the house, they are letting people back into their houses...............

It is not only the floods it is the damage it has done............

Thanks for thinking of us. We were ok here, Mick couldn't get home Friday, the 4wd with water up to the roof blocked the way :laugh: He spent the night at his brother's place at The Rock. His sister in law was stuck at Lockhart. I had a truck stop outside my place, the drivers were at the Club (did think about putting up a few parking meters :D ). I got up 3 times through the night to check the water level. By 3am the first truck was moving on and the water was receeding. Mick was able to get through about 7.30am. The Rock had several houses flooded with water and mud. Where the 4wd drive was stuck they have now fixed the huge hole. Farmers have flooded crops.

The Rock show was open with no livestock but entry with a gold coin, don't know how many ventured, I suspect most were tending their houses. They say the rain has gone but it will be a few days before the water runs away altogether. We never had any in the house or dog yards, the house was surrounded by about a foot of water.

It was a bad weekend for the locals i would imagne.

Unfortunatly for insurance etc they had to open the show for some things like pavillion etc.

We got as far as Wagga from this side and Vic judges did nt get far past border from what i was told.

The town will have a big clean up ahead. along with many others in the area.

Glad you are ok Sandy.

THere are some great photos doing the rounds of Wagga, Adelong, The Rock etc all flooded. And really you were an isolated little crop of towns along the Olympic Way with Culcairn floods closing one end and Uranquinty etc closing the other.

I know some others up Tumba way were in strife also but seem to have been spared.

Glad eveyone is OK and see you all at Junee.