Baltimore Police Dog Training Video

huski

This is usually the sort of training you see when the trainer and decoy have matching white singlets, shorts and thongs on...

Hey! I've never done that to a dog...

I thought you were more of a skinny jean type guy, Aidan? :rofl:

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is usually the sort of training you see when the trainer and decoy have matching white singlets, shorts and thongs on...

Hey! I've never done that to a dog...

I thought you were more of a skinny jean type guy, Aidan? :rofl:

True story, sales assistant at a jeans shop once told me "we have nothing for you here" :eek:

Definitely a horrific bit of footage! The bit that I found confusing was that it appeared to be an American video BUT the handler was talking to the dog in DUTCH!!! 'Nee' means 'no' and 'Fouie' means naughty!! I found it quite incongruous!!!

It's not something I would want to show the world - there is nothing to be proud of in that piece of footage!!

Cairo1 :laugh:

the handler was talking to the dog in DUTCH!!! 'Nee' means 'no' and 'Fouie' means naughty!! I found it quite incongruous!!!

That's not too uncommon - quite often, working commands are taught in another language or with other words to everyday English command words.

• 1 month later...
Seems it was ineffective one way or the other (dog did seem to ease up on the shrill whining towards end of footage, but who knows why .... could have been that the environment changed - seemed to me the dog didn't really take any or much learning on board), although I can't imagine it helping bonds between handler and dog. And one way or the other, the manoeuvres were quite violent. IMO, just for the way it was repeatedly administrated and with such discord, it gave the impression of the handler being unstable and could well imagine the dog perceiving that as well.

Exactly.

I still pertain that the man in that situation is an idiot, and the other handler directing him to dominate the dog by 'hold his neck down' and 'stare at him in the eyes' is also not doing a good job.

:thumbsup:

How many throw downs did that guy attempt whilst the dog maneuvered out (probably as he's been trained to do)?

Poor form.