Manchurian Pear Fruit Is It Poisonous To Dogs?

Tapua

Hi People

OH brought home a Manchurian Pear tree and planted it in the dog yard - grows quickly great shade and colour PLUS it has berry like fruit. Now need to find out if the berries are poisonous to dogs. :thumbsup: Google is contradictory anything from mildly to not at all for humans - to anything with berries is poisonous to dogs :thumbsup: would like to know asap. I have Labradors - they would eat a brick if they could! :rofl: so its a give they would hoover the berries.

Hi People

OH brought home a Manchurian Pear tree and planted it in the dog yard - grows quickly great shade and colour PLUS it has berry like fruit. Now need to find out if the berries are poisonous to dogs. :thumbsup: Google is contradictory anything from mildly to not at all for humans - to anything with berries is poisonous to dogs :thumbsup: would like to know asap. I have Labradors - they would eat a brick if they could! :rofl: so its a give they would hoover the berries.

I have 10 of these trees in my garden, I have not ever seen my Labs eat the berries. Have never thought about them being poisonous!!!

We have one in the Dog run and when i bought it was assured that it was not poisonous.

We have a lab and the first year she chewed a few branches but we were told to use Tabasco Sause on the lower branches which we did, she stopped chewing very quickly.

They are a great shade tree Shadow loves to lie under it, we put mulch around the base and wet it down if we have to leave them in their run so it is nice and cool, I also spray water up into the tree so it falls when the wind blows ( we have a dams so i can do this quite often )

Also have never seen Shadow eat any of the berries.

Thanks muchly D4Dogs & KJ much relieved!!!!!!! We have tall steel tree guards around our establishing tree - one of our girls has horticultural tendencies - the tree guards help heaps. Thanks again. :thumbsup:

Edited by Tapua