Places To Go Swimming In Brisbane?

PoppyDog

Are there any places to go swimming in and around Brisbane that you can take your dog with you?

Either a pool or a beach? I don't do rivers or dams! Call me a princess but if I can't see the bottom I freak out! :laugh: :D

We usually go to Currumbin Beach on the Gold Coast but it is a bit far!

Any suggestions?

:o

There are a few places.

Nudgee beach (I'm not a big fan, but plenty of people do love it.)

You can also do Red Beach at Bribie - we live inner south side and it took us just on an hour this morning.

Otherwise the Spit at Southport is quite popular.

The puppies had fun this morning :D ......

It's so hot today! I'm thinking of packing Poppy up tomorrow and going somewhere for a nice cool swim!

From what I've found from googling there is Nudgee beach. Not sure what its like for swimming though!

Wish you could take doggies to the man made beach at Southbank!

I know Currumbin is great for dogs AND people so might just head back there? Hmmm...

Edited by PoppyDog

We are heading off to Nudgee Beach now. I have seen kids swimming there but the water is a bit murky and the last few weeks the rumour are flying about the so called crocodile sightings.

I think the best beach for humand dog swimming is Coolum if you want calm water. Otherwise Red Beach at Bribie is good. We go there a lot but dont swim. The spit at the Gold Coast is lovely in the surf or the calm water side for both dogs or humans

We like Nudgee Beach as I haven't ventured up to Bribie but have heard that Red beach is good too! Nudgee isn't nice human swimming beach but Asti loves it especially when she doesn't see the holes left from yabbie pumpers and falls straight in! :rofl:

Asti with sand on her face after running into a hole whilst looking the other way :rofl:

22271_329540606592_634636592_3699642_2662432_n.jpg

Its pretty busy in the carpark but one you get out there you can let them off leash and let them run for miles at low tide!

22271_329540656592_634636592_3699647_5999377_n.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

i have been to the spit, i have heard mixed reports about aggressive dogs being there, though the one time we went we had a ball, i went out in the water and my baby came out too

post-28917-1289453395_thumb.jpg

post-28917-1289453427_thumb.jpg

also nudgee more so for the dog, not really a swimming place for me, but we love it there :D

on weekdays you can walk out to wellington point with your dog also, they are not allowed out there on weekends

Edited by dandybrush

for pools there is http://www.caninehydrotherapy.com.au/

it's indoors and heated and I remember it being $5 a swim a couple years ago

as for beaches, we like Nudgee too

Oooh! This looks great!

Do you swim with your dogs? Or do they just go in? How does it work....not sure that Poppy would just hop into the pool without me! Lol!

they allow people to go in with their dogs :yes:

for pools there is http://www.caninehydrotherapy.com.au/

it's indoors and heated and I remember it being $5 a swim a couple years ago

I was there on the weekend ... it is now $20 for a session but I do recommend them. My boy was a bit hesitant initially (dug his toes in and need to be lift in) but soon got the hang of it ... and he loved it. Towards the end he was launching himself into the pool with very little encouragement.

I think the pool is much better then "The Links" as the ramp is part of the pool (not an added extra).