Hayfever In Dogs?

princesszelda

Could be, they can get it the same as us.

One of my cats gets it at this time every year. When the birds start nesting in the gap in the cat run & the cedar tree next door wafts over that lovely smell & my night scented jasmine is in full bloom with gorgeous perfume in the air Georgina gets a bit of gunk in her eye & coughs now & then.

She is 11 years old & its been the same since I lived here for 6 years so I know exactly when it happens. Nothing prior.

It stops at the beginning of December.

If you are not sure though a vet check never goes amiss.

Edited by Christina

both my dogs go like that in spring, but one of them is a lot worse than the other. His eyes are watery and itchy and he thinks the solution is to sometimes rub his face in the grass which then leads to lots and lots of sneezing!

I haven

t taken him to the vet about it. I have just been keeping him inside and keeping the lawn really short.

Thanks Christine - will keep an eye on her for a couple of days to see if it improves...

Is there any medication for them,saying it is Hay-fever?

Yes but that is something you will have to consult your vet about. You can't just give them human meds.

One of my cats gets it poor thing! In recent years I have taken her to the vet they gave her a shot (cant remeber what though) and it usually lasts till mid dec he said if that didn't work then we could put her on some tablets.

This year she's not too bad so so I haven't bothered with the shot but I do keep an eye on her. Best just to keep an eye out and if your too worried I'd speak to the vet.