Outdoor Toileting

koalathebear

Julie is 100% inside toilet trained she came to me that way... having said that she will drop her poo anywhere she pleases while outside and usually right in the middle of where they all like to run the smaller dogs are good at dodging the mines she just runs through them ;) so that is a bog pain...

also they have made a game where Julie grabs a towel or blanket (one of theirs that they lay on outside) and then Cindy or fez grab on and lay on the towel/blanket and Julie pulls them around the yard on it.... Very entertaining to watch :hug: but not so funny when you see the skin marks she has dragged them over.... :D

The pups Fez and Cindy are both 8months Cindy only took a few months and was completely house trained except one accident that I believe was on purpose as she wanted to go outside and was denied....

Fez will wee inside sometimes if not put out soon enough after a sleep or being inside for a while but its our own fault for not noticing in the husle and bustle of this house that it is time to put him out....

Midge has a weak bladder in her old age and sometimes wees in the crate at night or during the day if not noticed soon enough.

LOL what a charming thread. :hug:

My girl goes anywhere, anytime when she is outside. Since she was a little slow to be housetrained, I'm happy just to have her going outside!

When I move houses I think I might try to get her used to only using one spot in the yard, just by taking her out on leash for the first few weeks to see if she forms a habit.

mine are house trained so don't care really where they do it outside.

Milo has this habit of NOT wanting to get his feet wet so does it on the pavers near the bbq ;)

Doesn't matter where we are he will find a little bit of concrete and do it there :hug:

Will not do it on the grass at all.

Think it may come from the fact that he was a backyard bred dog before we got him and he was kept in a pen :D

and I mean a liitle pen of wire and concrete.

Edited by misha&milo

one of ours is as regular as clockwork...straight after breakfast and hes done for the day...he picked two spots and always goes to either of them...we dont mind

the others are fed in the afternoon only and they go in the morning...on the patch of lawn in the lower garden or in amongst the trees that line our property

i pick up every day...doesnt worry me ...it is like playing lawn croquet with the pooper scooper ...

3/4 acre and no poo pick up so anywhere not on the deck or path is fine - no leg lifting allowed on the herb garden or veggie patch!

Very pleased with 9.5 week old puppy - when playing on the large deck she will already race off to the dirt/grass/bush to poo! Was struggling with getting there for urinating but Mr TSD tells me she managed to do it independently today - bright lass. Bed at 11pm. Out to toilet at 6.15am and back to bed for a sleep in. Zig would sleep in until midday if you let him :)