Ear Infections

huski

I have a real problem with Maggies ears if they get wet during a bath , hence have started to put cotton wool in the ears , has been working well .

When I use illium oti-clean to clean the ears this seems to cause problems :grouphug: so maybe I need a drying ear cleaner , any suggestions ?

Erny Do you get those drops from your Doggy naturopath. ( went to the companies web site and all the "where to buy " companies don't ssem to stock it -maybe i missed it :cry: )

ETA found some :grouphug:

Edited by MTD

I've have Malacetic here and have used it a couple of times. I'm not sure which smells worse, the Malacetic or the yeast so I'm not really keen on Malacetic, it has a really stong unpleasant smell.

I have the "peach" one and it smells great - has a sweet smell and doesnt irritate or sting my dogs ears like Epi-otic did.

My vet said that Malacetic is great for yeasty ears and quite a few people in the Poodle thread recommended it and I am very happy with it.

Yep, Peach Malacetic for me too!

No problems since things got under control, and started using it regularly as a preventative.

Although I do wonder when looking at when I spent my $1000+ on ears if it wasn't also a diet issue as well - was feeding horrible Advance at the time... (did nothing for their coats...)

I used to have a dog that had constant bladder infections and subsequent yeast infections in her ears, caused by taking the antibiotics for the bladder problem. After about 2-3 years of constantly treating the problems alternately, we tried her on Chinese herbs and fixed both problems completely within a couple of months.

Wow thanks so much everyone for all the responses! I really appreciate. Erny, I might look into getting the stuff you recommended. If I have no luck with it I'll try importing the stuff CavnRott suggested :o