Mum Pups Dumped

Monah

I am sure other posters will come up with ideas on how to curtail the dumpage of animals....I can't really think of what can be done to prevent people committing such hideous acts! In my field of work I encounter people from all walks of life yet the cruelty that some people possess will never cease to amaze me. It so frustrates and angers me that people can be so heartless and cold towards defenceless animals. I can only hope that Karma pays such individuals a visit!!!

I don't believe there are deterents against doing 'evil' acts.

People need to learn correct behaviour and common kindness at an early age or they never get it.

Sadly children learn by example and some just don't get a good example of cherishing lifes values or the correct way to handle the ;) problems life throws at you.

When you show these horrible scenarios to a decently raised person they are outraged because it defies their understanding of common decency.

There will always be arseholes in the world but for those who find themselves in over their heads with a litter, be them planned or by accident. There are some things that can be implemented at a local level to try and reduce the numbers.

Community desexing programs , that are advertised at at a reduced rate. Encouraging owners to desex their pets and avoid unwanted litters.

Easy acess to what were the traditional " night" pens at the pounds. It's better for animal to be left there, than dumped on a highway.

Encouraging owners to take any unwanted puppies/dogs to the pound or rescue, rather than dump them. If pound staff or rescue can talk to an owner, there's an opportunity to discuss desexing the bitch, if they haven't surrendered her at the time.

Educating the general public that the pounds and rescues do see a large number of cross bred puppies come into care each year and they do not need to add to those numbers.

Every shop that sells dog food could have a notice to the effect of what you have posted here RSG. And every community notice board at country pubs.

If the message only reached 50% of those who dump dogs on the side of the road, then the situation would be 50% better than it currently is.

Souff

Right on Souff

I think the stigma associated with "surrendering dogs" has long since subsided and there should be more public awareness that this is an option open to all.