So Annoyed At Pet Shops Putting Up Signs

all that glitters

A friend of mine was confused as to why I hate pet shops so much, especially Pets Paradise, and I explained why. She was like "Oh no, the one near us is fine, they have a big sign that says so! It says "WE DO NOT SUPPORT PUPPY MILLS"

*sigh* As if they don't. Responsible ethical breeders don't suppy to pet shops, puppy farms and backyard breeders do. So none of these puppies are being sold for the right reasons or have come from a place where they are raised for the right reasons.

It angers me soo much that they can put these signs up now and the general public who don't know much about the whole issue think they are safe to buy from now.

Grr.

On top of that they support impulse buying of animals. I have a friend who is constantly adopting the unwanted 'retuned' puppies from pet shops because people buy them, then realise they can't look after them and return them.

Also, to a pet shop owner, a dog is stock, it is profit. So at the end of the day they are there to make them money.

And they always look so sad in those little cages :D The thought of my puppies being in a cage like that for so long makes me sick :)