German Pinschers

aus_k9gsd

Would love to add a red one - be nice to have a schnauzer that doesn't need so much grooming :( but they are so uncommon here and the quality is very hit and miss.

http://www.pinscheraleman.com/

There isn't much in the UK at the moment in this breed..they've struggled for a long time to get it going, but breeders are getting older and getting out of them and no new breeders are coming up the ranks and being guided. This link above is in Spain where my boy Blade now lives. Two daughters out of my male are there as well. Many breeders in Sweden

www.beebronx.com

They are in fact schnauzer bodies (standards) without the work!

Blade looks a lovely boy and has been doing well!! If he is at the World show this year, I will have a look out for him as they are the same group as my breeds.

There is a very nice red over here who has done very well over the years (must be 7 years old now as he was out the same year as my younger giant). It's a shame the breed don't qualify for CCs - I think that puts off some people getting involved with a breed if they can't get a champion title.

I hate to show my ignorance with all things showing, but why can't GP be eligible for Champion title?

they can get there title here which is good, i am showing my little feral this year and giving the shepherd a break

Edited by aus_k9gsd

I hate to show my ignorance with all things showing, but why can't GP be eligible for Champion title?

because the breed in the UK doesn't qualify for Challenge Certificates - you need to win 3 to title a dog here.

I think it used to quite a few years ago didn't it? I know that Kinrha kennels (Frank and Gloria Cuthbert) were instrumental in the breed about twenty five years ago and worked very hard to get it recognized by The Kennel Club. I don't have stud records after 2005 but I know litters dropped WAY off there and the introduction and allowance of dilutes didn't do the breed any favours :D

Would love to add a red one - be nice to have a schnauzer that doesn't need so much grooming :D but they are so uncommon here and the quality is very hit and miss.

http://www.pinscheraleman.com/

There isn't much in the UK at the moment in this breed..they've struggled for a long time to get it going, but breeders are getting older and getting out of them and no new breeders are coming up the ranks and being guided. This link above is in Spain where my boy Blade now lives. Two daughters out of my male are there as well. Many breeders in Sweden

www.beebronx.com

They are in fact schnauzer bodies (standards) without the work!

Blade looks a lovely boy and has been doing well!! If he is at the World show this year, I will have a look out for him as they are the same group as my breeds.

There is a very nice red over here who has done very well over the years (must be 7 years old now as he was out the same year as my younger giant). It's a shame the breed don't qualify for CCs - I think that puts off some people getting involved with a breed if they can't get a champion title.

I think Blade is entered well as some of his offspring. His owner Esther doesn't speak English but I"m pretty sure that her Hubby will be there with her and he is pretty good. There may be others of my lines going too, from Sweden, not sure on that yet.