Qld Shows

erin jane

Hi all!

My partner and I are thinking about getting a dog however we are undecided on a breed, so we thought we could attend a show to get a bit more insight into some breeds and maybe chat to breeders.

Attending a dog show is something that is completely foreign to us both so I was wondering if there is anything important I should know?

Are there any shows coming up in the near future in SE QLD (we live on the Gold Coast but happy to head up to Brissy/Sunshine Coast)?

Hi! :o

Here's a link to the show schedule from the CCCQ, Dogs Queensland. Click on conformation show dates. :laugh:

http://www.cccq.org.au/Show/Trial-Dates.aspx

I think there are a decent amount of shows that go on at Durack but don't know that area super well so will leave other DOLers to fill you in further.

I guess for some tips, probably don't go up to an exhibitor and start chatting just as they are about to go in the ring, as they will be quite busy. Wait until they've come out of the ring and ask if they'd have some time for a chat.

Go, have a look, have fun, and see what appeals. People love talking about their breed so I am sure you will learn many new things. :mad

Edited by alexhegyesi

Hi all!

My partner and I are thinking about getting a dog however we are undecided on a breed, so we thought we could attend a show to get a bit more insight into some breeds and maybe chat to breeders.

Attending a dog show is something that is completely foreign to us both so I was wondering if there is anything important I should know?

Are there any shows coming up in the near future in SE QLD (we live on the Gold Coast but happy to head up to Brissy/Sunshine Coast)?

Not a dog show per say but there is an obedience trail on this Saturday 27/11/2010 at Buderim Dog Obedience Club, Ballinger road Buderim (Sunshine coast). Starts around 5pm (late start due to heat of the day).

4th December is the next show at the Canine Control Grounds King Ave, Durack.

It's pretty quiet for shows from now until the end of January so perhaps it's best to start a thread so people can help you decide which breed?

That way you could contact breeders and see if they will be at Durack on that date! :)

4th December is the next show at the Canine Control Grounds King Ave, Durack.

It's pretty quiet for shows from now until the end of January so perhaps it's best to start a thread so people can help you decide which breed?

That way you could contact breeders and see if they will be at Durack on that date! :)

The show starts at 4.00pm

There was the cutest white Akita at the Caboolture show on the weekend. It had those gorgeous lopsided puppy ears :eek:

As others have said the next show at Durack is on the 4th. Here is a link to Durack info http://www.dogsqueensland.org.au/Durack-Info.aspx

If there is a specific breed you are interested in have a look what ring they will be in on the day. Breeds are shown in alphabetical order so if you like a breed starting with A go to that ring first so you don't miss them.

Thanks for all the info!

I will sit down with OH and make a list of what we're more or less looking for and start a new thread based on this to see if we can get some more feedback. I would still like to go to the show though to see what they're all about!

Thanks again :eek: