Which Car For 2 Labs

lisat

Trying to choose a new car that will suit us -2 adults and 2 labs. On the list we are considering is the :

Mazda 6 sportswagon

Outback

Liberty

VW Tiguan (1st choice but seems to small for the dogs)

Forrester

Does anyone have any preferences, am thinking we need to consider the height of the back, at the moment the dogs are 1&2yrs old but plan on having the car for awhile.

Hi, I have a subaru forester and I love it - the dogs (rottiexdobe and dobexkelpie fit comfortably in the back with plenty of head room. I have a cage to stop them from coming over the back seat. The rest of the car is great for us - fits us all in well and is very comfortable and pretty good on fuel. Hope this helps.

At the moment, I have a holden combo as a work vehicle and it is AWESOME for the dogs. Obviously it only has two seats and is a 'small' car. They are basically a holden barina with a different back end. The is MASS room in the back length width and height wise.

It runs on the smell of an oily rag, is extremely reliable and surprisingly nice to drive given what it is. Now it's no head turner but the practicality is the best there is.

Trying to choose a new car that will suit us -2 adults and 2 labs. On the list we are considering is the :

Mazda 6 sportswagon

Outback

Liberty

VW Tiguan (1st choice but seems to small for the dogs)

Forrester

Does anyone have any preferences, am thinking we need to consider the height of the back, at the moment the dogs are 1&2yrs old but plan on having the car for awhile.

All of those cars would be fine, it will come down to personal preference.

I have a small 4WD, the back seats are permanently down, and the dogs have the whole of the back area. It's a dog bus really. Mine are not in crates but we don't travel too far anyway.

We fit two greyhounds in the cargo area of our Mazda 6 wagon.

And one in the glovebox and one in the ashtray? :(

:D

Leo died earlier this year (I should alter my signature) and Goldie is very old with cancer, so only Woody and Coco get to go for regular trips in the car.

The mazda is very low to the ground, and the dogs find it easy to jump in and out.

We haven't had the car long, and we really like it.