Number 4 Working Party

Steve

We are looking for a working party to try to work through some things to enable us to focus some good press and promotion on our purebred dogs. Without law changes.

Hands up if you think this is a huge deal and that you would like to be involved a little or a lot to try and have a go.

Troy will make us a nice private spot where we can brainstorm a bit more and start some action.

Edited by Steve

I think it's a great idea. I remember watching a show on animal planet years ago about all the different purebred breeds, how to look after them , what they were bred for, how easy/difficult they were to look after, what health concerns they had. It was done in a fun and interesting way.

We are looking for a working party to try to work through some things to enable us to focus some good press and promotion on our purebred dogs. Without law changes.

Please don't take this the wrong way, I'm just curious - why purebreds only. I understand that this is a purebred forum, but wouldn't some of the promotion/positive press also apply to mixed breeds?

I'm not sure what you'd be after nor whether I can help, but happy to venture in to find out more. However I don't think I would like to single out pure breds only. My view as a trainer/behaviourist is to help all people with all dogs for the sake of all dogs and I would suggest that some of my clients might feel a bit upset to think that I'd be promoting one over the other, when theirs to them is just as special as the next one.

Edited by Erny

I understand this is about promoting pure breed dogs from ethical registered breeders and the benefits of owning such a dog. With all the negativity surrounding pedigrees especially after the PDE program, we are in serious danger of losing our breeds.

This is my understanding also.

I understand this is about promoting pure breed dogs from ethical registered breeders and the benefits of owning such a dog. With all the negativity surrounding pedigrees especially after the PDE program, we are in serious danger of losing our breeds.

This is my understanding also.

This working party is about purebred dogs - there has been enough already for promotion of cross breds and we are working on most every other area of dog ownership to help all dog owners.

This one is about purebreds only so if anyone who has said they are interested is not passionate about this - promoting purebreds - then it would be best if you looked at one of the other working parties.