My Dog Ate Blu Tack!

boldenbeau

Hey all,

Today my dog ate a golf ball size amount of blu tak. I think she chewed it in pieces then ate it,lol. I looked all around the house to see if there was any pieces lying around but couldn't find any. So i rang the emergency clinic for advice and they had recommended to bring her in case there was a blockage. Because i don't drive i had to find transportation, i rang everybody but couldn't reach anyone so in the end i got a taxi there. They gave her something so she could vomit it up and only a few bits came out. She's doing fine now, i just need to keep a close eye on her.

I thought should post a thread cause i did a search and could not find much info relating to dog's digesting "blu tak". Am curious if anyone here has had any similar experiences if you could please share?

I am not sure but I think blu tack is non toxic. Also I dont personally beleive it would cause a blockage because if she chewed it, it would be in little bits, I've worked with blu tack alot, I used to use it as an eraser when I was drawing, it goes soft when warm. I think she will be alright, but I am not a vet.

Edited by Kirislin

Hi Tilly, thanks for that information. I tried to find something similar on the blu tack website but couldn't find anything as detailed as that report. I'm still glad i took her to the vet given the amount of blu tack missing, if it was only a small amount i wouldn't have bothered. Just wanted to be sure for my own peace of mind.