Vaccination Questions

MissMaddy

The new vaccination protocols have me a little confused.

My female GSD is nealry 4 years old and up to date with all vaccinations although is now due for her annual vaccination. I'm wanting to put her onto the new 3 yearly vaccinations and have a few questions? She had C5 last, so what would she be due for next? Do obedience clubs accept 3 yearly vaccinations? Or are they still insisting on annual?

My male GSD is just over 12 months. He only had 2 vaccinations as this is the norm out where I am (Bendigo). I can't find his paperwork (he was done at the same vet as my girl so I'm pretty sure it was C5), but was considering getting him the next one now and then seeing if I can put him onto the 3 yearly also?

My female rotty just came here 2 weeks ago and I'm pretty sure had 3 puppy vaccinations (the card is at the breeders as it fell out of the folder). I'm also hoping to give her one annual one and then onto the 3 yearly.

Is there anything else I need to know or do to get them onto this new regime?

C3 can be done every 3 years, but if you want to do the other components of C5 they are still annual. The other components are sometimes required by boarding kennels & obedience clubs.

All clubs and kennels should accept the C3 component being done every 3rd year if it's signed off by your vet, but I don't know if they all do.

Parvovirus, Distemper & Hepatitis C3

C3 + Parainfluenza C4

C4 + Bordatella bronchiseptica C5

My understanding is that you can have a 3 yearly C3 and then have your shots for Parainfluenza and Bordatella as a separate shot if you need to (some breeds predisposed to vaccine mediated autoimmune conditions only have C3 done). Canine Cough you can have done annually also.