Comfortable Harness For Jogging

wuffles

Our Aussie goes for a short jog with OH most mornings. He started off using her usual flat collar but found that she was a bit hard to handle -- she is good with encouragement but it's difficult to talk to her while jogging! He now takes her in her front-attach harness which works for him. However, I am worried that it might not let her move as naturally as usual so I am looking for a good 'normal' harness that doesn't restrict her movement but allows a bit of extra control compared to the flat collar.

Does anyone have suggestions for a suitable comfortable harness?

In the future we are hoping also to run her beside a bike so it would be used for this purpose as well (with a Walkydog attachment).

Thanks!

I've jogged with my dogs in Ruffwear Webmaster harnesses. They are pricey, but almost impossible to get out of and once you live with a handle on the back of your dog you'll wonder how you ever survived without it. They have a high cut around the shoulders to allow for full movement. Me and Kivi accidentally strung ourselves up on signposts twice during jogs. I was very glad Kivi had a full harness on rather than a collar or one of those strap harnesses that tend to go over the head if a dog pulls backwards hard enough. Wish I'd had something like that on, too. :grouphug:

I got one from america for my dog which has been great. it's designed for pulling but would work the same if you just used it for running. our dog can tow me for 8kms on my board and not pull up with any rubbing.

I cant remember who sold it but its got Dean and Tyler written on it for a brand name and i got it off ebay for about $150aus

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah a friend gave me one which she got by mistake and couldn't use and I think I quite like the design. Only problem is I think its a fraction big for my girl and probably need the next size down for her. Fits my other one ok but she doesn't really need a harness.