Rockhampton Accommodation

mumof3

Hi there,

We will be travelling through Rocky after Christmas and are looking for somewhere who will welcome our family of 6 (which includes our lovely 9 month old Brittany. We like semi rural van parks, offering cabins or something, just cause there is a little bit more room for us, the kids and Molly. Parkhurst Van Park seems a likely option but I can find no pictures or website on line. I've had some nightmarish experiences booking pet friendly accom sight unseen. After 8 hours in the car, the kids, and Molly, probably need more than just a motel room.

Any help much appeciated!

Cheers

Hi there,

We will be travelling through Rocky after Christmas and are looking for somewhere who will welcome our family of 6 (which includes our lovely 9 month old Brittany. We like semi rural van parks, offering cabins or something, just cause there is a little bit more room for us, the kids and Molly. Parkhurst Van Park seems a likely option but I can find no pictures or website on line. I've had some nightmarish experiences booking pet friendly accom sight unseen. After 8 hours in the car, the kids, and Molly, probably need more than just a motel room.

Cheers

We've had friends stay there when traveling for speedway, was cheap but wouldn't do it again.

Hi there,

Cheers

We've had friends stay there when traveling for speedway, was cheap but wouldn't do it again.

Ahhh, Thanks. hearing you loud and clear.

Marlborough and The Caves may be a better option than Rocky itself.

We stayed in a motel in Rocky on the way to Cairns back in 2003. It was the A1 Motel South or something similar - there are two of these A1 Motels in Rocky but AFAIK only one (at that time) was dog friendly.

They don't appear to have a website but their number is 07 4927 4944.

There isn't much at all in Rocky which allows dogs. We avoided the place 18 mths later and stayed further down the coast on our way from Cairns to Melbourne.

I live at Glenlee which is about 10 mins north of Rocky. There wouldn't be much accommodation of any sort at The Caves or Marlborough. Henderson's Farmstay as mentioned by another poster is advertised as being pet friendly also a place at Zilzie (near Emu Park). I just put in "Rockhampton pet friendly accommodation" into Google and those 2 came up.

http://www.stayz.com.au/11590

http://www.stayz.com.au/18353

I tried to add a couple links. Hope they work.

Edited by Sam the man

I suspect you'd need to book quickly to get into Barretts' cabins(Henderson Park). Very popular with the locals.

I looked up Capricorn Caverns at The Caves knowing they have accommodation. No Pets in the van park so I guess it is implied for the cabins. Mightn't hurt to ring and ask for the owner, Ann?

Clairview is a couple of hours further north, cabins and pets on approval are mentioned.

Clairview caravan park