Recommendation For Obedience School, Brisbane, Northern Suburbs

Hi

I've just relocated from Perth to Brisbane and am looking at getting Milo back into obedience training. We were with Northern Suburbs Obidience Class back in Perth and we were doing well there.

Can anyone recommend a good obedience club in the Northern Suburbs of Brisbane, somewhere near the North Lakes and Mango Hill area?

Thanks in advance

alvin

There are three clubs around you. North lakes is pretty much right in the middle between two of them Pine Rivers club at Bells Pocket Road, Lawnton train Friday nights and Caboolture Sports Dog Obedience train Monday nights at Devine Court Caboolture. The thrid club is Metro and they are at Marchant Park Chermside.

Everybody has broken for the summer now most are back in February. Hope this helps

Although not strictly an obedience club the Pine Agility Dog Sports (PADS) club does offer obedience classes, although I'm not sure that they are competition focussed.

Check out their website at

http://www.pads.org.au/?q=motivation

I've chosen one of the follow ups from the obedience class.

If you are interested in competition then you aer probably best off at one of the other clubs that have been mentioned. If you lean towards agility then PADS is a great alternative.

Cheers

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. I'll have a look at the three suggestions. I would like to get Milo into agility but he's less than a year old and i understand its better to wait till he's after 18 months. Furthermore, he broke his leg 3 months ago and has just heeled.

Nonetheless, I'll find out more about these suggested club and will be in time for the start in Feb. Cheers.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. I'll have a look at the three suggestions. I would like to get Milo into agility but he's less than a year old and i understand its better to wait till he's after 18 months. Furthermore, he broke his leg 3 months ago and has just heeled.

Nonetheless, I'll find out more about these suggested club and will be in time for the start in Feb. Cheers.

Bugger about his let - takes forever to get them right, doesn't it. It's never too early to start agility - its just a matter of making sure that you are doing age appropriate exercises.

My girl is 7 months old and is already doing more than my older dog was at 14 months. She understands tunnels, handling cues, can go over small jumps (not higher than she normally runs at, but she understands what a jump is) etc etc.

Don't be scared off by the 18 month old thing. If they are able to start competing at 18 months then it stands to reason they ahve been training before that. :) It is a great way to build a relationship and you can build on the equipment they work on as they grow up.

Either way - have fun!!

There's an agility course near where I live and I bring Milo there once in a while. We've tried the tunnel, the slolam thing but thats about it. I tried getting him up on the ramp but he seems to be afraid of heights! Once I even got him to jump through the hoop. But right now I need to work on his obedience and walking with a loose lead!

I go to PADS, if you are interested in it at all they do an obedience class (just very basic manners not competition stuff) and they also do a class called Motivation & Control, which is a bit like a pre-agility class, they teach you about handling, shaping, off lead work etc, I do that class with my pup