Dogs & Relationship Break Up

Beagle Mum

UPDATE GUYS.... Thank you so much for all your help, advice and well wishes.

I HAVE MY FUR BABIES BACK!!! :laugh:

I understand what everyone has said from both sides of the fence and as I had said from the onset I believed that both dogs should stay together, however I was prepared if I thought it was in the dogs best interest and the boy was suffering to let my ex take him.

I managed to collect the dogs on Boxing Day. The dogs had been cared for (he just damaged and destroyed and took some of my other possessions which I had yet to collect).

I must admit I was a little nervous as to how the dogs would settle and I am actually quite surprised because from the way they have been acting I know they did miss me ALOT while i was not there. They are eating normal, and no signs of 'looking' or fretting for my ex. I was expecting the boy to be going to the front door and having a cry, but as harsh as it sounds, he is more concerned about where I am. I get the feeling that he is trying to tell me I am his Mum and he is glad he is with me (I know it sounds silly, but it has been a very stressful time)

It is early days so I will still monitor the situation as I do only want what is best for the dogs, but so far, so good.

As for the ex, well he has phoned once to see how they were and told me he would give me back my stuff if I gave him the boy (sorry, but I can replace household items). He has not been in contact since.

I have been completely honest with him when he phoned and gave him an honest update. I think he was hoping that the boy had been crying and fretting for him but this has honestly not been the case and he appears to have lost a little interest.

We are at my folks for approx 2 weeks then hopefully my new house will be ready - will keep you updated on the next move to let you know how they are going.

Again....Thankyou for all your help & thoughts :laugh:

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Excellent you have both dogs...sorry to hear your ex has been a shit and damaged your stuff. But I take the view that it's just stuff...I gave up some things too when I left but I have my dogs (and even his dog as he didn't want her :shrug: ) and that's all that matters in the end. :)

There will be times when you'll wonder if you did the right thing. Only you can know that...I have my moments where I "wish" my life hadn't changed but they are becoming fewer and further between. I'm almost sure that our marriage wouldn't have survived intact and healthy for much longer and we just needed to have the courage to move away from each other. I'm still finding that courage every day. Some days it's in hiding and won't come out but most days I make it through relatively okay. :laugh: