Technical Quest - Emailing Vidio Clips

Hi,

having been reading back over old threads this Xmass, I notice some of you take videos's and email them to trainers/friends for help and critique.

2011, Duke is being enrolled in Drive Training so I've bought myself a video camera. Can I email these, or do they need to be put on YouTube for the world to see? I've been a bit horrified at my size (new years resolution coming right up, here) and I'd rather keep them a bit private!

ChristineX

Hi Christine

It's easiest to put them on youtube, but you can select to make them 'unlisted' which means unless you give someone the direct link for each video, no one else can see them :)

ETA:

http://www.google.com/support/youtube/bin/...p;answer=181547

BTW - I hope you come and join us in the DLP chat thread on facebook!

http://www.facebook.com/#!/topic.php?u...2&topic=105

Edited by huski

I stick mine on youtube, cos you can always take them down again after your instructor has seen them. :)

Not sure about emailing them, they might be too big? Guess you could burn them to a DVD and send them by snail mail.

Are you doing T.I.D with K9Pro?

ETA: Huski, I didn't know you could do that! That is smart.

Edited by Staranais

You can upload videos to youtube and change the privacy listing when you upload. There are three options - public, unlisted or private. If you wish to only allow people who you have given the link to to be able to view it then you select the unlisted setting. You can then include that link in any email and the recipient will be able to view the video. I am not sure how the private setting works - I think from experiment only you are able to view it or certain subscribers but I just use the unlisted option as it seems to be easier then the private setting.

Edited by ness

Hi Staranais, yes, with K9Pro. Given duke is already seeing a dog shrink here in Perth (kathy), we are getting her involved too, so probably not starting until feb/march, I think.

Huski, thank you so much for that information! I think it is going to be a lifesaver for me!!

I've just been checking out the link/s Huski gave me -

looks like I am slowly being draggd into 21st century technology whether I like it or not, this year!!!

(much to my brothers relief, my inability and reluctance to accept mobile phones, internet, broadband etc has been a cause of much anguish to my gadget loving brother)