Gsd Pup Diet- Nutro Natural Choice Or Royal Canin

Kashing

Nutro Natural Choice - crude, no chemicls

Royal Canin - Famous brand but people said it included many antiseptics and monosodium glutamate

My friends's golden retriever has been fed by Royal canin (Her vet recommend)

Share about what you know and recommend, thank you.

Edited by Kashing

I feed Nutro Natural Choice (chicken and rice).

I was feeding Advance (made by the same company) but it didn't agree with my dog.

Never tried RC.

http://www.dogfoodanalysis.com/dog_food_reviews/index.php

Note - this lists american ingredients.

My nutro pack lists dried chicken first on the ingredient list

and RC on the website lists Rice - gets it a 2 star rating (out of 6 for the best)

on the website nutro n c chicken and rice - lists chicken meal first - and is "unrated" ie not recommended.

So not sure what to make of that except the website rates the american ingredient list and the Australian ingredients seem to be slightly different. I don't have a pack of RC to compare.

But the best is more like something like Eagle Pack or Artemis. But those don't agree with every dog either.

I guess I'd try one brand for a month and if I was happy with that - I'd probably stay with it.

PS - water is a chemical. Does "no chemicals" mean no "toxic" chemicals or no "synthetic" chemicals? And water will kill you if you breathe it in liquid form or drink too much of it in a day (maybe 10 litres?).

Edited by Mrs Rusty Bucket

I fed my GSD on RC, her poops were Okish but her coat was dull. Then tried her on Advance, no good, tried Artemis and it really didn't agree with her :rofl: I have RAW fed her for months now and while it costs me a fortune, she is finally thriving!

I fed my GSD on RC, her poops were Okish but her coat was dull. Then tried her on Advance, no good, tried Artemis and it really didn't agree with her :rofl: I have RAW fed her for months now and while it costs me a fortune, she is finally thriving!

I fed my pup barf as well, did you fed your gsd half barf half RC? or just barf?

where is the proof of MSG? I've used it for years and love it. Nutro is great as well, it depends on what your dog does better on. Start with RC and go from there.

The bad evaluates are from Hong Kong, I feeding my pup by RC and barf now, just want to know whether RC work or not and compare with Nuture choice.

I fed my GSD on RC, her poops were Okish but her coat was dull. Then tried her on Advance, no good, tried Artemis and it really didn't agree with her :laugh: I have RAW fed her for months now and while it costs me a fortune, she is finally thriving!

I fed my pup barf as well, did you fed your gsd half barf half RC? or just barf?

No she was just on RC and then the other two biscuits. I switched her cold turkey to 100% RAW :)