Nikon D90 Or D7000

carebear

does anyone have one? pros and cons?

am thinking of upgrading, and was going to go for the d3100, but have discovered at the moment the d90 is similar in price.

the guy at jb hifi tried to tell me that they were pretty much the same, and that the d3100 was a better camera (even though cheaper), but i've come home and done a little bit of research, and it won't auto focus with AF lenses, where as the d90 will (and that's what i want, i don't want to be stuck with af-s lenses only if i want auto focus)

Edited by carebear

I love my d90. Yes you are right...it will auto focus af lenses. I like the usability of the d90.. the settings and such are well placed ergonomically. Ignore the hd movie ability: its a party trick thing...it is manual focus only and if you are serious about video you would buy a video camera. Sites like http://www.dpreview.com allow you to compare side by side the tech details of both cameras as well as reviews, maybe worth a look.

thanks redangel. i went down to my local camera store to check them out, but they didn't have any in stock, not even a demo one (although they did have a sign and space for one)

but i ended up looking at the d7000 and playing with it. i think i'm in love! off to do research on that one now!

well, i couldn't wait a couple of weeks, so i bought the d7000 this afternoon after reading reviews all morning :rofl:

battery is charging away

they had a couple of twin lens kits, i picked the one with the 18-105 and 55-300 lenses. so excited :D