Bedtime

mrs tornsocks

I was just playing with hubby's little flip video camera and as a test, shot our 20 month old lab boy being put to bed. We have always put on this (slightly silly) tone of voice and told him all the puppies in the world were off to bed - and off he trudges.

Just thought I'd share !

Edited by mrs tornsocks

Lol .....

I am a bit the opposite. I've always made it an upbeat "Where's your bed?!!!" for bed time. Both my previous (avatar) girl (bhcs) used to and my current boy does trot (strut, more like it) down the hallway as though very clever for the fact that they know/knew where their beds are (I'm too impatient for the dawdle, :)). And then I get the "put my blanket on please" look :laugh:. :) .... Ridgebacks, what can you do?

Edited by Erny

awwww that's so cute - thanks for sharing! What a cutie!

My older boy (2) is usually on our bed waiting and our pup (1 yesterday) will wait beside the bed as he cannot jump up onto it :laugh: he will prowl around the bed but as soon as lights are out he comes up and plops himself between our pillows!

That's too cute :)

My 2 are usually in bed before me... sometimes I have to convince them to stay up with me :) If that is the case, last stop before bed is outside to the toilet (for them not me!) then when I let them in they go straight to bed :) Or if we do an early morning wee stop on my sleepin weekends, I let them back in and say "back to bed" and off the trot back to bed to let me sleep in some more :laugh:

That's too cute :eek:

My 2 are usually in bed before me... sometimes I have to convince them to stay up with me :( If that is the case, last stop before bed is outside to the toilet (for them not me!) then when I let them in they go straight to bed :mad Or if we do an early morning wee stop on my sleepin weekends, I let them back in and say "back to bed" and off the trot back to bed to let me sleep in some more :)

:D :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Newfies must be related to labradors......cute video

That's too cute :eek:

My 2 are usually in bed before me... sometimes I have to convince them to stay up with me :D If that is the case, last stop before bed is outside to the toilet (for them not me!) then when I let them in they go straight to bed :mad Or if we do an early morning wee stop on my sleepin weekends, I let them back in and say "back to bed" and off the trot back to bed to let me sleep in some more :)

Hehe, I didn't film it but we tell him to go "outside for your ablutions" .... he gets the 'quick' command, does the business, then trudges back in. I love putting him to bed, he is just so super duper cute.

We are going away tomorrow for 3 weeks, gonna miss him so much !!

Edited by mrs tornsocks

my dogs sleep outside in their individual pens. just say bed time dogs and they go wait at the back door. once door is open they go off into their pens, and they always go into the right pen all on their own, dont need to guide them into their own, they just go straight in their gates and into their kennels.