Dog Boot Recommentations Please

We have boots here that don't come off! And they are made here in Oz.

www.aquapaws.com.au

They are in the on line shop under walking aids.

Thanks a stack, Danelady. What are they made of and is the toe area re-inforced? This looks like what I need to get him. ;) I have sent them an email and will probably be placing an order with them. How long have you had yours and are they quite hardy?

• 1 year later...

Hi, this thread was started a while ago but I decided to post here rather than start a new thread. I am looking for dog boots for my two Labradors who have a grass allergy. I was wondering how you went White Shepherd mom, did you get some and did they stay on etc?

Does anyone else have some to recommend, my budget is a bit tight with two dogs? I was even wondering if I might be able to make some as I am good at sewing and craft work.

Any info/suggestions appreciated. :)

Edited by LabTested

AOme years ago I had a Dane who had a toe removed and needed boots while he recovered. These guys Pro Active custom made them and sent them to me inside a week and a half from Ireland. They made me a 'pair' of one bigger boot to accommodate his dressing and a smaller one with a shaped bit to accommodate his missing toe. All I had to do was measure it all up. At the same time I got a standard pair for my whippet cross who did Delta dog visits to a nursing home. She tended to put a paw up on their arm or knee to say hello and I was worried it might tear old skin.

They are a fairly tough but soft kind of canvas but really smooth and have a leather toe cap that prevents wear from the dog that drags it toes. Mine served, my Dane really well, never came off and did not wear out. The other boots for my whippet I have used to cover stitches on my Kelpie girl's leg and she couldn't get them off either. They come part way up the forearm / leg and are easy to keep on.

I have tried the ruffpaws ones on my kelpie and she didn't like them much but walked fine in the pro active ones.

Good luck

edited to add that they made the boots for the Dane with the seams to the outside so nothing rubbed the wound. Nice little detail.

Edited by TigerJack

Tigerjack thanks for the link. We've tried a number of boots but have problems with twisting when running. The boots in your link appear to address this issue. I'll definitely email them and see what they can do for us.

Tigerjack thanks for the link. We've tried a number of boots but have problems with twisting when running. The boots in your link appear to address this issue. I'll definitely email them and see what they can do for us.

What link, I seem to be missing something?

I should have said recommendation not link. I googled it and found this: http://www.dogbootsactive.com/

I should have said recommendation not link. I googled it and found this: http://www.dogbootsactive.com/

hmm, sorry. I did try to link but something went awry. My Kelpie can gallop around in these boots and they dont come off or twist around.