Wa Fires

~Rumour~

With all the focus on the floods up in QLD and northern NSW at the moment. Just thought I'd see if there are any people over in Western Australia have been affected by the bush fires? apparently a few homes have been lost already

With all the focus on the floods up in QLD and northern NSW at the moment. Just thought I'd see if there are any people over in Western Australia have been affected by the bush fires? apparently a few homes have been lost already

and deliberately lit ;)

a friends friend has evacuated and her house isn't expected to be standing when she gets back ;)

All i can do is hope they catch the person that did this, I have absolutely no tolerance for the arsonists that create this havoc and destruction.

And after all the effort that is put in by the community to stop these fires from happening. I hope that there isn't to much damage over there

Some harsh penalties need to be served if they catch the little B's that think this is fun .

One of our members also is a FESA volunteer in Toodyay .........some little cretin thought it great to light several fires in the area on the 1 year anniversary of the big Toodyay fires ;)

Some harsh penalties need to be served if they catch the little B's that think this is fun .

One of our members also is a FESA volunteer in Toodyay .........some little cretin thought it great to light several fires in the area on the 1 year anniversary of the big Toodyay fires ;)

Since Black Saturday I think the arson penalties have increased, particularly if people die in the fire.

i didn't hear this sue hearltess little B's grrrrr my aunty almost lost her house in these fires ;)

There have been several fires in the same area as this big one over the last few weeks... and the majority have been started on a Monday around lunchtime!

I know a few people around that area, and saw a terrifying photo of horses running in front of the flames ;)

It is just surreal to think about the floods in Qld when we are facing fires over in WA ;)

There have been several fires in the same area as this big one over the last few weeks... and the majority have been started on a Monday around lunchtime!

I know a few people around that area, and saw a terrifying photo of horses running in front of the flames ;)

It is just surreal to think about the floods in Qld when we are facing fires over in WA ;)

That made me so upset- it's in todays paper :cry:

I saw that too and immediately thought I hope someone opened a gate and gave them a chance :cry:

I hope everyone stays safe and get out early if you have to go

I saw that too and immediately thought I hope someone opened a gate and gave them a chance ;)

NOOOOO!!!!!! That is the last thing anyone should do ;)

Horses actually have a fairly high survival rate if left in their own familiar environment. The horses would have turned and jumped back through the flames and except for being a bit singed should in theory be ok. The worst thing is the hot ground on the other side unless the horses have anything on. Although at times like this I am very thankful that my paddocks are pretty well bare in summer.

By letting horses out of the paddock you run the risk of them bolting in front of an emergency vehicle when there is limited visibility :cry:

I saw that too and immediately thought I hope someone opened a gate and gave them a chance ;)

NOOOOO!!!!!! That is the last thing anyone should do :hug:

Horses actually have a fairly high survival rate if left in their own familiar environment. The horses would have turned and jumped back through the flames and except for being a bit singed should in theory be ok. The worst thing is the hot ground on the other side unless the horses have anything on. Although at times like this I am very thankful that my paddocks are pretty well bare in summer.

By letting horses out of the paddock you run the risk of them bolting in front of an emergency vehicle when there is limited visibility :)

I didnt realise they would have a high survival rate if left in their paddock, I am not a horse owner and thought it would be the right thing to do Sorry

I didnt realise they would have a high survival rate if left in their paddock, I am not a horse owner and thought it would be the right thing to do Sorry

That's alright. I am probably a bit OTT on that subject as it came up on the horse forum I was on with people saying they should be let out. It is actually an offence to allow stock onto the roads during an emergency as the risk to emergency personnel is too high. Roads are closed to allow emergency vehicles clear access without worrying that they will hit someone - the last thing they need is to be rushing to an emergency and hit a loose horse or cow ;)

Grass fires move quickly and while wide they are usually not that deep so stock can run back through.

That's alright. I am probably a bit OTT on that subject as it came up on the horse forum I was on with people saying they should be let out. It is actually an offence to allow stock onto the roads during an emergency as the risk to emergency personnel is too high. Roads are closed to allow emergency vehicles clear access without worrying that they will hit someone - the last thing they need is to be rushing to an emergency and hit a loose horse or cow ;)

Grass fires move quickly and while wide they are usually not that deep so stock can run back through.

At least now I know what to do if I ever am faced with that sort of situation - thank you