Fences!

ChristineX

Came home to my second-worst nightmare - the side fence (super 66) has a crack from top to bottom. It was not there yesterday, and now there is a good half centimenter gap at the top.

Next doors are clearing the block to build a new house, and the change in level has been worrying me - rightly as it turned out!

So, I've had a quick trip to bunnings - 8 star pickets and lattice - and knocked on my newish neighbours door. Fortunately, the husband was in - his english is pretty good - and he's helped fix his side - now for me to fix mine. He's also paid for more than half of the supplies, so currently I like my asian neighbour.

But my heartrate is still way too high!

Is there anything else I can do to help keep this fence up?

Thanks GoldenRules - will do that.

I checked the fence a few minutes ago, and the top was woblley - 2 small clamps and a bit of wood to bridge the gap - and hopefully its stablised.

I am thinking though that this fence will ultimately need to be replaced.

Rozzie, a super66 fence is the non asbestos version of the fibrocement sheet fence in a wave like pattern. It was very popular until overtaken by the colourbond steel version. The problem is, if the ground is not equal on both sides the fence becomes unstable and develops vertical cracks. At that point, it doesn't take much to snap the fence off at the ground level, like a nice windgust - and at this time of year we get a lot of those overnight. Or even a cat escaping over the fence at that point with a dog chasing it - and with irish terriers that is not good.

Thanks GoldenRules - will do that.

I checked the fence a few minutes ago, and the top was woblley - 2 small clamps and a bit of wood to bridge the gap - and hopefully its stablised.

I am thinking though that this fence will ultimately need to be replaced.

Yep

Replace the fence

Why wait for the inevitable?

They stopped making those fences for a reason, you know.

I've had fence dramas myself, and you can't get a fence contractor around here. :rofl: