Anxiety Issues

pisces

I have just finished reading a thread here on anxiety issues dated back in 2008 which was really helpful as I'm having a horrible time with my near 6yo Sillky x. The vet has put her on Lovan, 1/4 daily. Just wondering if anyone else has used it and how long it takes to work. Also I would like to get a CD to help with her noise phobias, is there a website that anyone knows of to purchase these. Any additional advice would be greatly appreciated.

Depending on what sort of anxiety issues your dog has I would possibly try a thundershirt. It worked really well on my pup that has anxiety when travelling and around people other than family. It does take a little time to work and does sometimes require additional training to ease the anxiety but it may be worth a look.

But persephone's advice would be best as well

Can I ask what a thundershirt is. She is scared of storms and the wind especially. Loud voices, one person's screeching voice in particular turns her into a shaking mess and she nearly has a coronary. The tv scares her, sudden bangs or loud voices. She hides under a coffee table and trembles uncontrollably. Even me holding her doesn't help much.

Lovan can take a little while to take affect as with all anti-anxiety medications. Sometimes there is adjustment needed for the dosage. I have had one client have good success with the use of it for general anxiety, amongst other problems this dog had. Did your vet do any tests or other assessments on your dog? There is a vet behaviourist in Newcastle, Robert Stabler.