Rolled Collars?

Montage

Has anyone here had any experience with rolled collars? My dog's getting quite bald around the neck area (had a flat nylon collar) and apparently they help stop hair loss? Or would a collar that is fleeced on the inside be appropriate as well?

Never used them myself but I have heard about them and that they do work. What you could do for a while is put on a harnes when you go for a walk, that leaves the neck free of any collar which can pull the hair out. I have done that for a while with our long haired German shepherd. Just so it will grow back again. Do you leave the collar on during the day as well? If so, I would take that off. Not only for the hair issue but it can be pretty dangerous for the dog as well.

If your dog isn't outside during the day, take the collar off, it'll help. Our old foxie had a similar problem. Ours don't wear collars anymore unless we're taking them away, or we leave them outside. They have to wear them when walking though, as if they don't have their tags on and the council see us without them we'll get fined.