Blood In Puppies Stool. Closed Thread

byott

Hello Byott,

It is very distressing - Nina used to get this regularly. She would seem fine and play and eat as normal. she never had a temperature but had the blood in her stool.

thanks ninaandted.

yes i does get very worring. I dread looking after he has done a poo. :( had alittle this morning. shall see how we go with protexin for 5 days. I dont like it at all. I have kept him in the house since we have had him. Wont even let him out on my lawn.

I shall ask the vet when i go back again for his shots.

Vet told me to just give him supercoat & little puppy milk. Mind you he liked the dinner he had the other day mashed potaotes runner beans and little cooked mince. Woofed it all up. My other dogs when young used to get alttle what i was cooking. looks like it will be trial and error.

yes parvo was my first concern . Hes oaky in himself running around like mad :thumbsup: and hes settled in really good and slepping at night with no moans right till morning. I leave the light on outside so he can see my dogs on the patio .

Thanks for the info

Hi Byott,

I'm sure you'll figure it out and good luck with your new baby.

I wouldn't suggest that you ignore your vet's advice out of hand. just keep in mind that although the advice about the food your vet is giving you might work for the majority of puppies but you might have a different case and keep an eye on things.

our vet was quite insistent that we get Nina back on the Advance large breed growth food or the supercoat too, but each time we did it she had the blood again.

And Sidoney I echo the Eeeeewww! would they be the first poo photos on DOL??

What is the poo consistency? Is it the same each time or different? Can you take a photo? (Eeeewww)

Hi Sidoney.

i dont know how to get the photos the right size to load. My daughters the one with the Digital camera . Well as for the poo !! starts off fine not too hard or runny. looks like near the end. thats when it gets a touch runny and spot of blood.

Im no expert sorry

Edited by byott

Hi Byott.  Sometimes it's the food that can create the blood in the stools.  Are the stools firm or soft?  What are you feeding the pup?  Bear had a bit of blood in his stools when he was a

Hi.

I was feeding puppy pal bisc what the breeder was feeding him on. Now the vet said try supercoat. Im going half and half. I shall keep that in mind what you said.

it makes you worry as you dont know here the blood is coming from. Poor little feller.

It looks like the blood is right at the end of his poo. Couple of drops on floor.

God i wish i could find out what it was :thumbsup:

What is your dogs menu please.

And what would you feed a puppy of 9 weeks ???

Thanks byott

the poo consistency sounds just like Nina. (who would have thought I would discuss such a thing??!)

the blood comes from the irritated bowel area in her case.

just monitor how the pup is feeling. if it keeps up on the supercoat or the canned food try the steamed chicken and white rice to neutralise and then start back on raw chicken wings and necks. a little golden should be able to get through chicken necks i would think (anyone feedback here??)

barf principles aren't pro the rice but it does give energy and is very neutral for irritated tummies. slowly introduce some vegies every now and again - don't overdo it as the fibre all at once might be too much!! :thumbsup: you can add raw egg yolk to this too. also a bit of plain live culture yoghurt later on too to keep the right bacteria balance.

it may just be a phase and you may be able to reintroduce the commercial food later on if this is what you want to feed. you can also get commercial food for sensitive stomachs too if you wanted to try that later on. i'm not sure though if it is suitable for growing puppies so do check this out.

the poo consistency sounds just like Nina. (who would have thought I would discuss such a thing??!)

Nianandted.

I typed a message to you yesterday but lost it.

Yes i shall keep an eye and see how things go. he has not had any blood in the last few motions. Maybe that protexin is working hope so.

Yes who thought we would be talking about poo :) & i will try some of the yoghurt and see how things go.

Thanks for the info & your help :laugh:

Hi Byott. Sometimes it's the food that can create the blood in the stools. Are the stools firm or soft? What are you feeding the pup? Bear had a bit of blood in his stools when he was a puppy, lots of soft stools. Switched to natural dog food, that is human grade,

Hi Angenbear.

Thanks for info. Shall watch his food. if it carries on i shall change brands.

Touch wood its been fine all day no blood. Since Protexin. So it must be helping.

Are your goldens pets ? or breeder. They are great dogs

My other two goldens met him today. They have seen him for the last few days through the window. But they were really good with him. The little one MONTY wanted to join in the fun playing. But hes too little !! First day in our garden just 20 mins supervised .

Thanks

Guest angenbear
Are your goldens pets ? or breeder. They are great dogs

My golden is just a pet. A very cute one at that! He's 8 months 65 pounds. I have pictures of him in the photos, photos thread, titled Bear's pictures. Rub your pup's tummy for me. I think perhaps you should mix in a little bit of cottage cheese with the food, you should do a very slow gradual blend with the old to the new food. That's what I had to do with Bear, very slow switch.

Hi Byott,

Glad to hear he's doing better. I'll keep checking in to see how you are going if you come back (saw the stuff on the other thread - chin up I know you were just worried about your new baby.).

Hi Ninaneted.

Yes i was worried. But he is fine now no more blood in poos. By they way what is trolling ?

Thanks all for your advise

I'm new to any kind of forum myself - so I have no idea what a troll is!

glad to hear no more blood. he'll be getting up to all kinds of mischief now!!! he must be sooo fluffy.

we got our golden at about four to six months old so we missed out on the fluffy puppy stage, although he is a complete softie and sweetheart and tries to get cuddles from everyone.