Addisons And Cardiac Arrest Update 18 Months

Man

Hi

It has been a while since I have been online but thought some people might be interested in our progress and hopefully be of interest and provide some hope for people with newly diagnosed dogs. The original post is located at Original message with details Dida's crash and subsequent cardiac arrest.

It has been almost 18 months and apart from the daily medication and monthly injection Dida is living a full and healthy life, with no apparent side affects the trauma she suffered or with ongoing Addisons.

Currently she gets .2ml fludrocortisone acetate daily and .7ml Percorten-V every 30 days. Apart from keeping an eye on her weight and making sure she has access to water there are no issues. There are no dramas with the monthly injection and when she see the syringe being unwrapped Dida jumps up and sits beside me on the lounge waiting (although I think might be more for the treat she knows she will get afterwards LOL)

I realise we have been extremely lucky but it also shows Addisons is manageable and never let your vet ignore a blood test that shows an increase in Potassium levels.

Regards

Man

walkies.jpg

Edited by Man

Thanks so much for the update, much appreciated - provides that hope for people with newly diagnosed dogs like me who are stumbling through so much information but not quite knowing what to expect or what could happen at either end of the scale of things. Thanks again

It's good that you posted, Man - it does help other people to know that it is worth trying and that there is definitely hope for successful management. Glad that Dida is going so well and may she be blessed with many happy years in front of her :).

Thanks so much for the update, much appreciated - provides that hope for people with newly diagnosed dogs like me who are stumbling through so much information but not quite knowing what to expect or what could happen at either end of the scale of things. Thanks again

Our thoughts are with you and hope everything goes well. If there is is anything you want to know about our experience do not hesitate to email me.

Regards

Man

Hey Man, I was just thinking of you and Dida the other day - and wondering how she was doing!!

Very glad that you have posted an update - and extra glad that she is doing so well and her Addisons is being managed.

Give her an extra big hug from us :) and keep up the great work in caring for her!!! :eek: