Running At Off Lead Dog Beach

kazads

Lots of people think dogs shouldn't be allowed on beaches full stop.

Actually lots of people think that dogs aren't allowed on beaches full stop...except between May and October. There should probably be more signage?? Or better literacy programs... :rainbowbridge:

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

She sounds nuts!

I take my 2 to the beach sometimes and we just hang out. One time, there was this man with a GSD and a Rotti than came to the beach, and he saw us and quickly clipped his dogs on the beach. I didn't think anything by it, neither Charlie or Emmy cared about the 2 big dogs - Charlie was busy digging his way to China and Emmy was busy finding dead fish to roll all over. They saw the dogs and then went back to their important business. His dog showed no interest in my 2 either.

About 20 minutes later, the guy walked over to me and asked if I mind if he take his dogs off leash and was trying to assure me that his dogs aren't scary. I was really shocked about this. I told him that I didn't mind at all, it is a dog friendly beach. He told me that he has been told off a few times because owners with small dogs at the beach because he has 2 big dogs. He didn't want to cause trouble so he came and ask me (I was more impressed that he left his dog in a drop/stay position and came over to me chat and none of his dogs moved! - i'm still working with the drop/stay with my 2... lol).

Both his dogs were beautiful, well trained and lovely. The man and his dogs were busy swimming and chasing balls, while I was busy taking photos and keeping an eye on my 2. As we were leaving, the man called out Bye and gave me a wave. I did the same.

You can just imagine the scenarios this nice fellow must have encountered to be so cautious.