Dol Dvd - My First Puppy

Guest bigdogg

Guest bigdogg

The other thread has already gone to the dogs.. Too much bitching now..

Well..

NOW - i think its time for all of you passionate people to get together and MAKE A DVD..

All good to sit back behind your computer screen and have a good bitch.. Time to stand up and have a crack at producing a DVD..

The clueless people that got the puppies, well, there are a lot of them members here on DOL.. Same questions are on here week after week.. If there was a DVD - you could send potential buyers the DVD first..

I hope this sparks some interest.. It would be great to see something done..

That was a post i made in the other thread

Is there a possibility in making this happen.. Doesnt have to be a DVD - even some youtube clips..

I replied in the other thread.

Leerburg have some DVDs (though very expensive). They also have a Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/leerburg and plenty of free info on their website.

The info is out there. There are HEAPS of Youtube vids around - some very good and some absolute crap. The problem is that the new puppy buyer has no idea where to find this info and no idea in how to sort the good advice from the bullshit. That's the hard part.

A pinned thread on DOL with some links to relaible and sensible info may be an idea?

ETA, Another idea is a DOL produced print out that members could print off and pin up on their local noticeboards. Just basic info in poster format on the importance of buying from a registered breeder, how to find one, very basic tips in point form, obviously advertising DOL... There's no way you could cover anything in detail but you could point people to the source of the info.

Edited by SecretKei

ETA, Another idea is a DOL produced print out that members could print off and pin up on their local noticeboards. Just basic info in poster format on the importance of buying from a registered breeder, how to find one, very basic tips in point form, obviously advertising DOL... There's no way you could cover anything in detail but you could point people to the source of the info.

I think this would be a great idea :laugh: even a small booklet? I work at kennels and try to give the same info week in week out, i have made a print out on why not to breed that i've put up in the office but it would be great if this happened and to have something like it to give to clients. I find that *most* of them genuinely want to listen to my advice and do want to take it all into account- but i'm sure once they get home it's all said and done and forgotten about.