Eye Dirt

Wing

What could cause eye dirt?? I heard dog food can be one of the causes, but I am just not sure.

We have a 2 yrs old westie, few days ago we have bought new dry dog food for him, which is the Artemis - Fresh Mix Small Breed Adult. Which has chicken, turkey and salmon as I can really tell.

So our little boy started with this new food, he is totally fine for the first few days, it has been almost a week actually. Until this morning we found that he has dried eye dirt all over his right eye. It has never been that much before. Cleaned them.. and this afternoon some fresh ones came out again, and it is greenish white, it doesn't look too good. I am not sure if it is the food. Does anyone has any idea?

He used to have Artemis before and then changed to Canidae which he didn't really like it much (he chose not to eat sometimes when he was on Canidae) so we changed it back to Artemis which he likes it a lot. But now the eye dirt is just freaking us out.

Some advice would be much appreciated.. thanks... :rainbowbridge:

Eye dirt? I presume you mean a discharge?

if it has any greenish yellow colour to it, your pup probably has conjunctivitis ..and , to make sure , rule out injury, get correct treatment, a vet visit is advised.

Conjunctivitis can be caused by all sorts of things, including injury .It can also be passed from dog to dog ....

You might get help by clicking on these links

LINK

LINK

LINK

Thanks Persephone,

Sorry, but have no idea what to call it.

Are keeping a close look at him until the vet opens next week, and we are cleaning his eyes regularly and hopefully it would help.

Hi Wing,I have just been to the health food store near us to get some homeopathic spray for bladder control, for our dog as she seems to have a UTI at the moment, we have been giving her apple cider vinegar in her water and that seems to be helping, but I also bought some of Allan Sutton's colloidal silver spray which is a natural Antibiotic, for lots of things, and the sales lady said that when she gets eye infections she uses colloidal silver which is also very good for eye infections as well as many other things, and can also be used for pets.

it cost me $16,20,for the size I got but there are different size bottles

Allan's web address is

www.allansutton.com in case you wish to look at it

The bladder control spray cost $14.90 Martin and Pleasance brand

I am going to go as natural as I can with looking after my dogs, as there are too many side affects with normal Antibiotics.

so far the bladder control spray seems to be having good results.

lablove