Alternatives To Cheques For Payment Of Entries

jr_inoz

Hopefully all clubs get on the Ozentries bandwagon, there is no Victorian all breed shows listed on there when really there should be.......if there can be so many NSW and ACT secretaries doing it why not Victorian ones? Surely it's less paperwork??

Funny about that but what I observed at Bairnsdale its MORE paper work. But I am sure the program could be changed.

EFTypos

Edited by Bilbo Baggins

With everyone saying about Ozentries and Bpay and Paypal there is something else to consider. There are a lot of elderly people in the dog world that simply do not have a computer or even know how to use one. Yet they live for their little dog shows to get out and about.

Up until the day he passed away my father simply "Didn't know how to turn a computer on and didn't want too". There are many people that have a phobia and distrust of computers and online transactions.

So these people are going to be affected. No doubt in many different areas in society there will be people so disadvantaged.

Checked my account yesterday to see what had cone out and what hadn't. I have $322 worth of show entries yet to be cashed :) that is for shows in Feb and the first half of March. Which means I must keep that amount of money in my cash account and means I will not be entering anything else until they are cleared. I am sure I am not the only one in this sort of position and I only have 3 dogs! Cannot imagine entering 5 or 6 especially for something like Noorat with 5 shows (which is what I have done).

OzEntries would be so much nicer :laugh:

As for older folk not using the Internet etc - quite a few young people avoid it too. A friend of mine is 25 and still doesn't own a computer, only had a uni email because she had to etc. I'm sure clubs could continue to accept cheques alongside the more modern payment types.

Edited by SpikesPuppy

Checked my account yesterday to see what had cone out and what hadn't. I have $322 worth of show entries yet to be cashed :laugh: that is for shows in Feb and the first half of March. Which means I must keep that amount of money in my cash account and means I will not be entering anything else until they are cleared. I am sure I am not the only one in this sort of position and I only have 3 dogs! Cannot imagine entering 5 or 6 especially for something like Noorat with 5 shows (which is what I have done).

OzEntries would be so much nicer :heart:

As for older folk not using the Internet etc - quite a few young people avoid it too. A friend of mine is 25 and still doesn't own a computer, only had a uni email because she had to etc. I'm sure clubs could continue to accept cheques alongside the more modern payment types.

Wow - That is a lot of shows for 6 weeks. You could always move to Adelaide - only 3 shows in January in total and NONE in February. :laugh:

Regarding continuing to accept cheques alongside the modern payment types - the point is that there are banks out there saying that in the future there will not be any such things as cheques - they are being phased out completely as they are currently in Europe. (in all banks). I agree that it will disadvantage some groups of people. Am wondering what those people will do when there are no more cheques? (Like what did they do when there were no more passbooks?)

Checked my account yesterday to see what had cone out and what hadn't. I have $322 worth of show entries yet to be cashed :laugh: that is for shows in Feb and the first half of March. Which means I must keep that amount of money in my cash account and means I will not be entering anything else until they are cleared. I am sure I am not the only one in this sort of position and I only have 3 dogs! Cannot imagine entering 5 or 6 especially for something like Noorat with 5 shows (which is what I have done).

OzEntries would be so much nicer :heart:

Wow - That is a lot of shows for 6 weeks. You could always move to Adelaide - only 3 shows in January in total and NONE in February. :laugh:

Regarding continuing to accept cheques alongside the modern payment types - the point is that there are banks out there saying that in the future there will not be any such things as cheques - they are being phased out completely as they are currently in Europe. (in all banks). I agree that it will disadvantage some groups of people. Am wondering what those people will do when there are no more cheques? (Like what did they do when there were no more passbooks?)

Lol. Normally it's not so expensive but I have 4x open shows for the Pet Expo, a Ch. and Open the following weekend, a Double champ and the 5-show 'away' weekend so yeah, it's not always this much :) and I don't always enter the 3 either (boy is semi-retired, only comes out for special occasions or when we go away to show as he has to come anyway!!). So would usually spend about $100 a month on entries but it's still a lot of money to keep 'on hand'.

I guess 'those' people will have to learn how to use the other options or maybe use money orders? Like Digital TV - if you want to watch tv in a few years, you have no choice but to upgrade. Right or wrong, it's going to happen :laugh:

Hopefully all clubs get on the Ozentries bandwagon, there is no Victorian all breed shows listed on there when really there should be.......if there can be so many NSW and ACT secretaries doing it why not Victorian ones? Surely it's less paperwork??

Funny about that but what I observed at Bairnsdale its MORE paper work. But I am sure the program could be changed.

EFTypos

Really? What were the problems? Interstate clubs wouldn't have picked it up with such gusto if it wasn't easier.