Stud Owners

LizT

I have turned away all but 1 whom have asked for use of my stud dog.

I am extraordinarily priveledged to have him and I am not about to abuse his breeders trust in me to let him go to anyone, and esp those certain 'lines' that will try anything to get him or his progeny.

Other than that, its bsically the same as above.

But there arent many in NZ whom Id consider.

Being allowed to own and show such a dog is a huge thing for me, and every day I thank his breeder, hes just the bestest!

I will always go within the guidelines that have been set down to me on any dog or bitch.

Very few people would be allowed to use my dogs, I have to trust them 100% and be confident the puppies aren't going out to people I wouldn't let use my dogs or sell a puppy to myself. I look at what may happen with the next geration too not just that litter. If I approve of the bitch and the owner of the bitch, Generally i say you keep the best pup and all others are to go on limited register unless I approve of who's buying, if they can't agree to that then they aren't using my dogs.

An ANKC Registered Bitch

Most definitely!!!

A bitch that falls in line with your breeding "type" and program

Preferably. There are different "types" in my breed. Again what Wynnlake has said: The bitch has to compliment the dog, be health tested, no doubling up on faults, and the temperament is excellent. I have been asked to allow my dog out because of the colour he carries, not because they like the dog/lines. Breeding is not for just the colour you get and the extra money some unscrupulous breeders charge.

I also have to feel the breeder will do the right thing by the breed. There are so many unscrupulous "breeders" in my breed. For them it is automatic NO!

A bitch that is "pleasing to your eye" and meets "your approval"

The bitch has to be quality. I accept that not everyone starts off with the best quality there is. Again. The bitch's owner needs to be able to list their dogs faults and strengths. And also be able to list what they think the strong points and faults are in the dog.

A bitch that is Titled

No. My bitch has not been titled when I have bred. If the bitch is quality, and the bitch owner can put forward a "good argument" for why they are breeding, then I will consider it. (not just because the kids can see the miracle of life etc)